Chapter 32: Roses to Moving On

Narrator's POV

It had been a week since the incident. Camila had not managed to meet and talk to Lauren until another weekend came. She went to Lauren's apartment several times, but she only met Keana's cold face since Lauren did not want to see her. Camila even waited for Lauren at the entrance of her apartment building, but she did not see Lauren. Lauren did not only change her schedule, but she also had changed the entrance. She arrived and left from another entrance with Camila did not know.

There was no result as days passed. Camila decided to go to Lauren's office. She did not want to disturb Lauren at work, during office hours, but she had no choice. On Monday, She waited in front of the office building after Lauren's office hour. She saw Lauren was out of the office with one of her colleagues, who Camila remembered, Normani.

Lauren saw Camila when Camila was walking toward her. Lauren, who was smiling, turned sour. Camila was a person she wanted to see the least after a long day. She sighed internally, but she knew she could not avoid Camila forever. Camila stopped in front of Lauren and Normani. Lauren slightly checked Camila's face. There was not any wound, from her shoes, but a little bruise. Camila looked at Lauren, "Hi!" She nodded at Normani, who nodded back without a smile. Normani knew something, but not everything since Lauren told her when she asked Lauren about Camila last week.

"Lo, do you want me to wait for you?" Normani asked Lauren.

"No, I'm good. Thanks, Mani." Lauren said.

"Okay, see you tomorrow!" Normani hugged Lauren.

"See you tomorrow!"

When Normani had left, Lauren turned to Camila, "What do you want?" She asked Camila coldly and did not bother to look at her.

"Can we find a place and talk?" Camila said.

"No, there's nothing to talk about, and I don't have time." Lauren turned to leave, and Camila ran in front of her to stop her.

"Lauren, please." Camila was begging her.

"What do you want?" Lauren bellowed.

"I want you," Camila said.

Lauren glowered at Camila, "keep your bullshit to yourself." Lauren left in hurry, and Camila ran after her.

"Lauren..." Camila stopped her again, holding her arm.

"Let me go!" She withdrew her hand from Camila.

"I'm sorry. Please, listen to me!" Camila asked. "I want you back."

"What?" Lauren frowned.

"I want you back, Lauren!" Camila repeated.

"Want me back?" Lauren repeated.

"Yes," Camila said firmly.

"First," Lauren lifted her forefinger on Camila's face, "I was never yours, let's start from there. Second, I never wanted you. We were just having fun, and that's it. Last but not least, don't even show up in front of me again." Lauren pointed at Camila's chest, "I don't want you, and I don't want to see your face again." Lauren walked away again, and Camila stopped her again.

"Leave me alone!" Lauren yelled at Camila, but Camila did not let her arm go.

"I really really like you, Lauren!" Camila told Lauren. She did her best to be calm.