Chapter 52: Wonderful Bliss

Lauren's POV

Never in my life, as an average girl, who had not had her first kiss until her mid-twenty, I would think of having someone fall in love with me, let alone being loved by someone so gorgeous and from a different background from me. I loved romance. I read and watched love stories, but I did not think I would have my love story. I believed true love did exist, but it was just not for me until that gorgeous woman showed up at the coffee shop and changed my boring life.

I was attracted to her when I first saw her. I fantasized about how it felt to be kissed and touched by her before I knew who she was, and I fell for her even before she kissed me. I thought I could only dream of her, and she would never lay her eyes on me, but she did. I thought she would leave me when she found out I was a twenty-five-year-old virgin and was not ready for having sex with her, but she stayed. She waited for me. She took me out for romantic dates. She showed me a lot of affection. I thought what we had was causal dating, but it was not. I could feel it in every touch she gave me, in every kiss we shared, and in every sex we had, it was more. I wanted her more than casual encounters.

I loved spending time with her, but it was haunting me. I kept thinking what we had was a casual relationship to prevent myself from falling for her. How she did not bother to share much about herself, and how she admitted that she loved sex with me convinced me more that I could not fall for her. I pretended that I was fine when I never heard from her again after she left for Vegas. I went on dates to forget my feeling for her, but I could not. When I saw her that night at the club with another woman, I broke down, and I realized that I seriously had fallen for her. My heart was broken before we were in a relationship.

I was grateful when Camila finally came back to me. She asked for a chance, and I agreed. I did not trust her yet at that time but I knew she never lied to me. I had made the right decision following my heart. I appreciated all the efforts she put in to show me how much she wanted me and loved me, and how serious she was with me. In such a short time, she earned my trust and claimed my heart. She knew how to love me best. She did love me beyond my expectation.

Falling for Camila was the easiest thing to do. Loving her and being loved by her was the most wonderful thing to have. Although her love for sex was so intense, which initially made me think she only wanted sex, I would never doubt her love for me now. She did not only want the best out of me, but she also wanted the best for me. She taught me a lot of things, especially about self-love. She had helped me with my anxiety, my insecurity, and my confidence. She helped me grow into my better self. I could see how I would love her forever.

Camila was loving me so well. Our relationship was going strong despite her parents' family being against our relationship. Camila told me that her mother's ally was not her true family, so she could not care less about their opinion. She wanted me to promise her that I would not give up on our relationship because of that. I promised her. I had promised her that I did my best and would not let others ruin us. We held on to our love, and our values, and kept the most transparent and honest communication between us despite how hard it could be. I loved Camila. I would never think of leaving her again. I would only love her more by the day because she was my love, my heaven, and my everything.

Narrator's POV

It was the last day of the year. Lauren woke up before Camila. She spent fifteen minutes looking at sleeping Camila, thinking how happy and grateful she was for having Camila as her girlfriend. Camila woke up, and she looked at Lauren, who was lost in her thought. She touched Lauren's face, and they shared a long gentle morning kiss before they got up and went to the bathroom for a quickie and shower.

Lauren and Camila were having breakfast in their hotel room overlooking the Eiffel tower.

"Babe, I feel bad," Lauren said.