Chapter 19: The Moment

Narrator's POV

"You do?" Camila asked.

"Yes!?" Lauren was thinking: why Camila was shocked.

"Why?" Camila asked again. She was happy and a bit confused at the same time.

"Why would you want to do that? I mean, you're not going to kill me, right?" Lauren chuckled. She was nervous as Camila was seriously looking at her.

"I might want to do something else," Camila added.

"What? Spike my drink?" Lauren asked.

"Yes," Camila answered briefly.

Lauren smiled, "you won't do it."

"Why are you so sure about it?" Camila asked further.

"I trust you," Lauren answered simply.

"Didn't you say that you don't trust me?"

Lauren was thinking: what in Camila's mind was, "Camila..." she remembered their conversation when Camila left for the Christmas lunch with her best friends. "If you want to kill me or spike my drink, you would have done it. You had many opportunities. It's not the first time I left my drink with you, and you stayed at my place last night. Why would you wait until now?"

"It's reasonable, but what if it just crossed my mind."

Lauren shook her head, "No. If you wanted to kill me, you would have done it last night when I was sleeping, and I don't see the point why you want to spike my drink... since we're going to... do it." Lauren was thinking they were going to have sex tonight.

"That I can do my way," Camila said.

Lauren stopped and looked at Camila, "no, you won't do it."

Camila scooted closer to Lauren, "you don't know me." Camila touched Lauren's face.

"No... but I know you're not a bad person." Lauren lifted her glass and finished the water. She might not believe that their relationship would last long, but she believed Camila was not a bad person.

"Okay," Camila said. She stood up and collected her Christmas presents. She put the mug on her desk next to her computer. "I'll put this in my room." Camila, who was holding the blue scarf, told Lauren.

"Okay." Lauren collected her shoes and put them back on the box. She went to the kitchen to get herself some more water to drink.

Camila came out of the bedroom, and she found Lauren, sitting next to the kitchen island. She saw Lauren had refilled her glass. She looked at Lauren's legs. Lauren did not wear the new shoes anymore. Camila turned on the music and dimmed the light. She walked to Lauren, who just realized that Camila had come back from her bedroom.

Camila joined Lauren on the kitchen island. She was holding Lauren's new shoes. She put them on the island before she lifted one of Lauren's legs which made Lauren's shocked.

"Put them on, and dance with me!" Camila said. She did not wait for Lauren's response. She just put the shoes on Lauren's legs one by one.

Lauren was too stunned to say more than a word, so she did not reject Camila's idea, "Okay."

Camila finished putting them on, and she was looking at Lauren's legs, smiling. She looked at Lauren and offered her hand for Lauren to take, "dance with me?"