Chapter 39: New Found Happiness

Narrator's POV

A day after they became girlfriends, Camila woke up early. She woke up, feeling weird but happy because she had a girlfriend and was in a relationship now. She smiled, thinking of it. It felt so strange but so good. It made her smile like a silly happy girl in the bed. It was not even twenty-four hours she had missed Lauren. She got up and did her morning routine. She made herself breakfast after swimming for an hour. Sitting at the dining table, Camila took her phone and texted Lauren.

To Lauren: Good morning! ❤️

From Lauren: Hi, morning!

To Lauren: I'll call you?

Form Lauren: Okay

.

Lauren: Hi!

Camila: (Camila smiled) Are you going out with Keana for the whole day?

Lauren: No. (Lauren told Camila yesterday that, she would spend her Sunday with Keana)

Camila: I miss you.

Lauren: ... (Lauren smiled)

Camila: What time are you free?

Lauren: We should be home in the afternoon, around four or five.

Camila: Do you want to have dinner with me?

Lauren: Yeah... but can we have it close to my place?

Camila: Sure. I can get something on the way if you don't feel like going out.

Lauren: (Lauren chuckled as Camila read her mind) Yeah... it sounds better. I'll prefer to stay in after spending the day outside.

Camila: I know. At seven?

Lauren: Yes.

Camila: What do you want to have for dinner?

Lauren: I don't know yet. It depends on what we will have for lunch.

Camila: Okay... let me know.

Lauren: You can get anything. I'm fine.

Camila: I'll check with you later.

Lauren: Okay.

Camila: Enjoy your day with Keana.

Lauren: You, too!

Camila: See you tonight! Bye!

Lauren: Bye!

Lauren spent her day with Keana. She told Keana that Camila would come over for dinner. Keana, who had an appointment in the evening was happy for Lauren. She hoped that Camila would treat Lauren best since her best friend deserved happiness and love. She would like to meet Camila to make sure there was no bad blood between them, considering their past encounters were unpleasant. Since Lauren shared almost everything with Keana, Keana believed that Camila was indeed a good person despite her reputation.

"Is she going to stay over?" Keana asked Lauren when they stopped for lunch.

"No, I don't think so. She did not mention it." Tomorrow was a working day. Lauren was not going to let Camila stay over besides Keana was home. "It's Monday tomorrow."