Chapter 48: What's Good For You?

Narrator POV

"Miss, please wait for Ms. Cabello!" The bodyguard told Lauren who wanted to leave the party.

"No..." Lauren ignored him.

Lauren went past the hall where the majority of the guesses were. She wanted to leave the venue as soon as possible. She felt like the hall was getting smaller as there were too many people there. She felt like people were looking at her, laughing, and talking bad about her. Her chest was tightening, her mind was full of noise people whispering something evil. She walked faster to reach the exit with Paul was following behind her

"Ms. please..." Paul would not dare to touch Lauren, but he had to stop Lauren.

"No... I have to leave..." Lauren was struggling to say those words. She could not breathe normally.

Paul noticed her condition, "Okay, let's wait in the car..." he took his phone and sent Camila their location. Paul was standing outside the car, next to Lauren, who was sitting in the front seat. Lauren stopped crying before Camila showed up. Camila showed up ten minutes later when Lauren was calmer than before. She saw Paul, who had texted her about Lauren's condition, was standing next to her car. Camila opened the car door where Lauren was sitting. "Hey, baby!" Camila gently called Lauren. She looked at Lauren, who hardly smiled. Camila wanted to touch Lauren's face, but Lauren instantly avoided Camila's hand. Camila frowned.

Camila looked at Lauren. She said nothing. She slowly brought her hand to caress Lauren's face again, and Lauren did not avoid her this time. Lauren let Camila caress her. Camila knew something happened but she did not know what exactly happened.

"Can we go home?" Lauren said in a low voice.

"Yes." Camila kissed Lauren on her head before she closed the door, went to the driver's seat, and drove her car away with Paul following them from the other car.

Camila was driving to her place, and Lauren told her, "I want to go home."

Camila looked at Lauren. She found a place to pull over, Camila leaned closer and gently said, "Hey..." She looked into Lauren's sad eyes. Lauren looked away, "what happened, baby?"

"I want to go home, please!" Lauren said in a weak voice.

"Tell me... something or somebody hurt you?" Camila gently asked.

"Please..." Lauren was helpless and begged Camila. "I want to go home."

"Okay..." Camila did not want to push Lauren to tell her now like she usually would make Lauren speak. She started the car again. The car ride was silent. Lauren did not look at Camila at all. She looked out of the window and was lost in her thoughts holding her tears. Camila would look at Lauren constantly while she drove. She put the soothing music on.

They arrived at Lauren's place. Lauren was out of the car before Camila managed to open the door for Lauren as she usually did. "Lauren!" Camila rushed out of the car and went after Lauren. She held Lauren's hand, but Lauren retreated. Camila was shocked. She did not expect that. Lauren did not want to be touched. "Lauren..." Camila looked at Lauren confused.

Lauren stopped and looked at Camila slightly, "I need my space."

"Okay." Camila gently agreed, "is there anything I can do for you?"