CHAPTER 2

The morning comes as if even the clouds have inner grins but not even that could sip through the thick curtains of Adhira's room to wake her up from her deep slumber.

When Suja entered the room to wake her sister up before leaving to her in-laws for a week with Senthil and Sree, she almost felt like she had just entered another new dimension once she stepped into the room.

The Air-conditioner's temperature couldn't be more lower and the curtains couldn't be more thicker that it felt like it has even dawned in this particular room at all.

She rolled her eyes irritated by her sister who didn't even wake up with all the bustlings that were happening outside. She was already pissed at Dhira for not coming with them after giving excuses that she has some important 'works' and can't take leave. But honestly Dhira just doesn't like to be limited.

She stomped nearer and pulled down the blanket revealing a still sleeping Adhira.

Dhira stirred in her sleep when she felt a sudden miss of warmth. She rubbed her eyes and opened them to find Suja sarcastically smiling with her crossed over her chest, Dhira yawned stretching her hand
Dh: Good morning ka

But then realised everything around her was dark,

Oh innum vidhiyalaya?

Dh:Appo,Good night ka

Dhira causally mumbled as if there wasn't a whole volcano erupting within Suja and literally went back to sleep.

Suja snatched back the comforter making Adhira groan.
Dh: Yenna ka?!
Su: Nanga veliya porom nee kalailaye endhirichi veeta pathukonu sonnen dhane?!
Dh: Ptsch adhuku yenna Ippo?

Dhira sat up with her legs crossed on the bed when Suja started listing out a whole trinity list of rules and instructions for the do's and don'ts for Adhira when she's home while opening and tidying up the surroundings . No matter how many times she had done this, her sister always ends up messing something up when she comes home later.

But throughout her lecturing session, Adhira was busy imitating her sister's movements making Sree who was standing by the doorway stiffen his giggle at how his mother was being mocked. When Suja heard no reply, she turned to find her Dhira standing in the exact weird posture as her and she was quick to grasp her sister's mischief when she gulped.

Dhira! Unna!

Suja chased Dhira around the house to give her a piece of her mind. Dhira bumped into Senthil who came out of his room, adjusting his shirt and Dhira took this as a chance to hide behind him for defense. Senthil instantly caught up with the whole riot and raised his hands at his wife intending to stop her from marching further, making her glare at him.
Se: Ippo yenama prechana?
Su: Ava kittaye kelu!

Senthil turned to Adhira who was smirking from behind but changed her features to a frown when he turned,
Dh: Mama, akka dhan enna thoruthunanga! Avangalaye kelunga!

Senthil, avala kelu!
Mama, avangala kelunga!
Senthil!
Mama!

Aiyo Appa!

Senthil mentally made a note to himself to bribe a chocolate bar for his son who had just saved his head from being ripped apart due to all the turnings. Sree stomped to stand in the centre with his hands on his hip,

Sr: yaar sonna yenna? Idhellam indha veetla daily nadhakuradhu dhane?

Sree exclaimed looking from the sisters who were huffing, glowering at each other.
Sr: Amma, nee poi marubadhiyum yellathayum check pannu! Chitti, nee poi fresh aagu! Appa, nee yavadhu ennaku soru kudu!