CHAPTER 11

Yenna da? Yedheyo pathu ipdi seerikira?

Arjun asked Adhi who had been smiling at his phone ever since they came out of the lift. Adhi showed Arjun his phone which instantly brought a content smile to his face too.

It was a picture of Muthu's WhatsApp status in which he, Prathap and a few other fellow elders from their colony who were know a group of friends, posing candids under the sunlight from their bike trip.

Adhi has never seen or knew that his father was such an easy-going person which is the exact opposite to him. Prathap made friends across this colony, thanks to Muthu who had to introduce his new friend to everyone, until they have all become close enough to go on a one week bike trip to Pondicherry.

Prathap thought that he'll spend the rest of his retirement life with watching National Geographic, solving crosswords and visiting his wife's tomb and see his son spend his life. But not even him had expected that he would bump into a whole new reverse cycled life in which he was exploring things he'd always wanted to with his fellows.

Nevertheless, Adhi was happy and contented seeing his father being carefree as his mother always wanted him to be for once.

Ar: Paravala, uncle summa maja'va enjoy panraru! Pannatom, pannatom, un kooda mattikitu moolikiradhuku, avaru avange kooda ponna lavdhu, konjam naalu peru kitta pesi siriparu

Adhi took one step backwards to glare at his friend who bit his tounge sheepishly.

Chitra was sincerely listening to the endless gossips and rants of Sree while chopping the vegetables to be cooked for dinner. Suja and Senthil had gone out after tossing Dhira and Sree to Chitra. Sree was busy feeding Chitra with whatever of the recent activities around the colony he had heard from his geng.

Adhi rang the calling bell to collect his house key, Chitra quickly washed her hands and went to attend them.

Over the five months since Adhi and Prathap has moved here, an unexpected bond was created among them and their neighbours or shall we say Family.

Growing up with the aid of only his mother and none, Adhi had always known to not depend or acquaint too much with anyone. But this bunch of people were highly pampering him for he always stays behind. They make sure that Adhi and Prathap are not left out in anything, not even Chitra ma and Suja's new tried recipes or midnight sneaky card plays in the terrace between Senthil and Muthu.

As for the battlers, the only time when Dhira and Adhi doesn't argue is when they go through each others book shelves, in other words once in a infinity.

But it can't be said the same for Arjun, who seemingly found his IT marauders in Dhira and Taru. Being stuck in between two professors for years , one who never talks understandably and the other who never talks at all , he finally found company which is why he likes visiting Adhi. Growing up with no siblings and now living away from his family, Arjun became quickly attached as a family member in all their houses.

As for Kavin, although he had reduced his visits to Adhi's house recently, he still make sures that he only uses the Dhira's office route and sometimes even has luck by bumping into her 'unexpectedly' to spend time with her without any distractions.

~~~~~~

Dhira was wantedly kept changing the TV channel continuously making Adhi roll his eyes frustratedly.

Chitra insisted that Adhi and Arjun have their lunch along with them and maybe stay for a while since they're only going to be alone if they go home anyways. After he finished eating, unexpectedly ended up being trapped with Dhira in the couch whereas the others were still eating.