CHAPTER 69

The curtains added an orange glow to the morning light, the bright light of the horizon carefully infiltrated the morning sky.

Adhi clicked his tounge when he couldn't move in his sleep. He slowly peeled open his eyes to find Dhira sprawled beside. Her legs on his thigh and her hands hugging his waist with her head on his chin, he was completely locked.

Events from last night reappeared and immediately the smile that had adorned his face turned into a frown. He had blurted out way too much without control and now Adhi was absolutely worried about the questions he might get asked.

With much struggle, Adhi raised his head to take a better look at Dhira's face that was buried in his chest. She was deep asleep. However much he wanted to stay like this forever, Adhi slowly held Dhira's wrist and removed her tight grip on his waist. Dhira stirred making him freeze for a second until she snuggled closer hugging his arm. Adhi sighed heavily in dismay.

He let out a deep breath before he gently untangled their legs and raised himself. Adhi removed Dhira's hands from his arm and tried to leave.

Suddenly, the collar of his tee was harshly pulled making him fall back on the couch.

Adhi's breath hitched when he found a widely awake Dhira, intensely staring at him from underneath.

Yenga porae?

Dhira asked raising her one eyebrow,

Co.. Coffee

Adhi stuttered gulping,

Huh?

Illa coffee yedhavadhu podhalamnu...

Adha yen ipdi sollama porae?

Dhira asked with a scrutinised look, Adhi chuckled nervously before answering,

Illa thoongittu irundhae adhan....

Na yendirichi pathu nimisham achi

Adhi's eyes widened as he gulped, the proximity was affecting him cruelly,

Appo vidalamla?

Dhira furrowed her eyebrows and looked down, that's when she realised her hold on his collars and how close their nose tips were. She abruptly let him go and straightened herself after Adhi.

Adhi finally managed to breathe.

🦋

Dhira was almost miffed with the guest's poor couth as the calling bell kept ringing nonstop.

She tossed the blanket on the floor and stood up yawning before she walked to the door.

Dhira was greeted by Kavin who stood with his hands crossed over his chest with a smug look on his face.

Dhira looked at the clock,

CEO'ku vela illa?

Kavin sighed loudly,

Madam'ku kovam pogalae. Samadhanam paduthanumla?

Kavin asked raising his eyebrows and Dhira could say she noticed something different on his gaze. Not the one that made her feel uncomfortable but just uncertain.

Right on cue, Adhi who was hearing the whole conversation stared in amusement as he watched Dhira feet shuffle hesitantly to take backwards steps.

Adhi quickly fumbled his hair and creased his shirt. The guy who looks neat even in his sleep made sure that he looked messier than ever.