CHAPTER 58

An awkward silence prevailed around the dining table. Chitra and Suja quietly served everyone. Muthu and Senthil were looking at each other now and then. Taru and Sree were too busy eating they're food.
One and only Arjun was praying to all his deity on behalf of his friend.

Chitra realised that Arjun's not going to be done anytime soon.
She took the pickles and went to Adhi. While she served, Chitra nudged Adhi's shoulder,

Arjun'ah nambuna inniki kulla nee solla mudiyathu. Appa nalla mood'le irukaru, ippove solliru.

All of a sudden Prathap looked up from his plate and asked for pickles making Chitra rush to him.

Adhi inhaled sharply trying to calm his racing heart and looked around. Everyone eyed him to go ahead.

Adhi cleared his throat making Arjun jump in his seat.

Yedhavum medhuva panna mattiya da?!

Arjun whispered yelling,

Na dhane da bayapadanum?! Nee yen da bayapadra?!

Idea kodhuthadu naanu. En pakkam chair parakkama irundha seri!

Arjun whispered casually earning a glare from Adhi,

Yennachu Arjun?

Suddenly they heard Prathap asking, Arjun smiled sheepishly shrugging his shoulders before stuffing a lots of papadam into his mouth so that he won't be asked anymore questions.

Adhi took a deep breath,

Appa?

Prathap stopped eating indicating that he's listening,

Appa, ennaku US'la six months oru University'la lecturer offer vandhuruku

Prathap kept mum, still listening. Everyone was silently observing his face,

Na adha accept pannirken. Next week kelambren

As someone who has a opinion that one should only work in their homeland, Adhi was generally expecting his father to scold him, shout at him and ask him to stay.

That's what everyone was expecting to happen. For the father son duo to have a face to face talk atleast now.

But instead, Prathap simply hummed in response nodding his head and brought his half-eaten plate to be washed.

Adhi sighed in defeat lowering his head.

Muthu kept an hand on Adhi's shoulder,

Konjam naal dhan naale vitutaro yennavo.

Senthil agreed,

Ama da, Nee pona unnakum oru change'ah irukumla

Adhi nodded pressing a small smile,
Suddenly,

Vaathiyar'eyhh!

Sree called which instantly managed to bring a bright smile on everyone's face, Adhi didn't even budge to eat and literally ran to Sree and kneeled to him. He loudly kissed Sree's cheeks.

Anga pona ennaku foreign chocolate vangitu variya?

🦋

Dhira! Sonna kelu. Nee night'ku sleeping pills potta dhane unnaku thookam varum. Thoongama irukuradhu unnaku nalladhu illa, Dhira!

Kavin sweetly explained to Dhira over phone after Deepa ma informed him that Dhira has skipped her pills and sleep for two days in a row.

Na weak'eh analum paravala Kavin! Ana ipdhi medicines'eh nambi ennala irukka mudhila!