CHAPTER 37

Incessant doorbell rings and knocks on the door woke Dhira up from her tired slumber.

She yawned lightly as she stretched herself and opened her heavy eyelids sitting up on her couch. For one second, everything felt like a dream, but when her exhausted eyes caught sight of her hospital report papers that were scattered around the floor, reality sunk in.

She rubbed her eyes, hoping that they would vanish into thin air.

But when has anything she hoped for actually happened? Specifically today.

Those papers and the perfectly printed words on them laid absolutely still on the floor.

Dhira chuckled painfully, moreover anyone standing on the other side of the door was absolutely getting on her nerves.

She sighed before she stood up and gathered all the papers before quickly sprinting to her room and shoving it into her cupboard.

She managed to brush and untangle her messy hair with her fingers on her way back to the door.

Dhira took a deep breath before she plastered an absolutely seamless face that hid all the ugly cracks behind the door before she twisted open the doorknob to be greeted by a widely smiling Adhi.

Her features instantly curved into an affectionate smile,

Ippothan vandhiya?

She asked him, Adhi hummed in reply before asking,

Nee rest panniya illaya? Naa pakkumbothellam tired'ah ve irukke?

Adhi asked with concerned while cupping Dhira's face. She started to panic internally but didn't show it out,

Illaye, naa ippo koodha thoongittu dhan irundhen.

She casually lied.

Although Adhi wasn't fully convinced, he knew that she was gonna say the same thing again anyways, so he shrugged it off. Hoping for Dhira to tell him whatever that's been bothering her soon.

Seri veetuku vaa sapdhalam.

Neenga ponga naa fresh aitu varen.

Adhi hummed smiling before turning around, Dhira stepped back to close the door but suddenly was stopped by Adhi's strong arms firmly holding back the door.

She was surprised with an quick strong peck on her lips that made traces of blush dust over her tainted cheeks.

Dhira felt a pang of guilt on her shoulders as she watched Adhi frisked away grinning like an idiot,

🦋

Adhisayam'a irukku, neeye call pannirukae?

Suja asked her sister, whom out of nowhere finally found the initiative to ring her without 20 texts enquiries about her day.

Pstch, ippo unaku na call pananuma venama?

Dhira was petulant to her sister who couldn't seem to understand her situation.

Well, of course, cause she doesn't know.

Her conscience spat back at her. Dhira heaved a sigh in response to her Suja's low scorns from the other end.

Seri nee yeppo varae?

Suja frowned in confusion. Dhira has always known to cope up with her own company. In other words, Suja is very well aware that her sister was very well off without her, especially this time.

This is the first time Suja had heard such a question from Dhira and it instantly kicked off her maternal instincts.

Yen? Yennachu? Adhi illa?