CHAPTER 33

Something that vibrated beside her head woke Dhira up from her unconsciousness. She furrowed her eyebrows as her temple stung and slowly opened her heavy eyelids.

She frowned when the sunrays directly hit her face. It wasn't sun-kissed, it was sun slapped.

That's when Dhira realised that she hasn't closed the curtains before going to sleep, why?

Suddenly she recalled all the pain that felt as if a needle had struck her head at once, that made her to jerk awake and sit up on her bed.

She ran her hand through her hair while she looked around her room. The things that were kept on top of her dresser were all scattered on the floor, her hair tie ribbon was thrown as well, her handbag was next to her in the bed and her phone inside was vibrating.

Dhira took it out and saw Adhi calling, she composed herself and answered with her still groggy voice,

Hello?

Hello? Adhira?

Sollunga

Yennama innum veliya varale? Office ku time achi ma.

There was a short pause before Dhira answered,

Naa inniki office pogalae. I'm not feeling well. Thala vali vera.

Adhi almost panicked,

Ma yenama solrae? Nee iru na varen. Nee first'uh door ope-

Illa illa vena!

Dhira quickly denied making Adhi stop in his steps,

Adhu naa, Ippo rest pannitu irukken..

She dragged, wanting Adhi to understand that she is not in a state for him to see her. Somehow he managed to get it but wasn't convinced to just let go,

Paravala ma, nee rest pannitu call pannu. Naa doctor kitta kootitu poren, naa wait panren

Dhira was extremely touched but she really wanted to figure out whatever was happening to her, alone.

Illa Adhi, try to understand, na full'ah rest panna poren. I'm just exhausted, maybe stress but avlothan. Neenga kavala padhama college ku ponga.

Adhi still wasn't fully contented, he offered to at least stay back and be with her but she still kept denying. He understood that she wanted to rest alone and he didn't wanted to be the clingy hubby from the next day he proposed itself.
So he half heartedly agreed to Dhira but mentally planned an half day leave.

Dhira sighed in relief once she hung up the phone and slowly walked to the window where she can see his car. after making herself some tea.

Her legs were still a little unsteady and she had to hold the wall and furnitures for support.

Suddenly, Dhira saw him walking to his car, his attention fully drowned into his phone. As a cue to that, her own phone chimed with a notification, a text from Adhi,

Please call me if you need anything!

Dhira looked up out at the window surprised to find Adhi already looking at her. She chuckled,

Take rest

He texted smiling back warmly at her,

OK, vaathiyare!

Dhira replied making Adhi fake glare at her,

I love you

She sent before putting her phone down at the table beside and tightly hug, pulling the matte ceramic mug in her hand, closer to her heart and cradle it.