CHAPTER 7

Adhi called Prathap for the nth time yet Prathap was not picking it up making Adhi's imaginations go wild.

Adhi noticed that Prathap has not been himself ever since he came home from hospital the previous night.
He didn't know if he should talk to him so he decided to let things smooth.

When he was coming home this evening, he received a plain text from Prathap saying that he was going out and asked him to use the spare key in his car.

Adhi thought maybe he just went to get some fresh air but when he hadn't returned even after past 8, Adhi's imaginations couldn't stop from going wild.

Sighing in frustration, Adhi picked up his belongings and left to look that was the only option he had for now.
He called Arjun to let him know and help him search around their area.

Right on cue, Dhira came out locking her house when she saw Adhi

She could see that he was tensed about something when his hands were trembling to lock the door hastily.
She walked to him and tapped on his shoulder,

Adithya?

He turned with trepidation written all over his face. Dhira became worried, she kept her hands on his shoulder,
Dh: Yenna achi? Yen oru maariya irukinga?
Ad: Appa, innum veetuku varala
Dh: Yenge poirukaru?
Ad: Therila, sollala.

Adhi swallowed hard,
Ad: Avaru nethu vandhadhu lerndhe oru maari dhan irundharu. Seri ana udhane pesikalamnu vittuten.

Dhira could sense his fear,
Dh: Apdilam onnu irukathu Adithya, inga dhan Yenge yavadhu veliya poirupar-

Ad: Illa, avaru yeppome yevlo late analum enkitta solliruvaru, Ippo naane call panalum yedhuka mattraru

Adhi whined looking down painfully at how Prathap is the one who always has to reach out for him and for the first time when he didn't, Adhi felt like a toddler lost in a crowd. Looking for his father whom he failed to hold tight.
He pressed his lips tightly not wanting to give his miserable state away.

Dhira lifted his chin with her fingers to face her,
Ad: Bayama irukuma

For some unknown reasons, her own heart pained at the sound of his broken voice,
Dh: Neengalae apdilam yosikame, first poi thedunga. Porumaiya thedunga. Naa venumna Muthu uncle kitta yedhavadhu sonnaranu kettu pakkuren. I'm sure he is fine Adhitya, don't jump into any conclusions.

She gently assured him,
Dh: Vera yaar kitta yavadhu kettu pathingala?
Ad: Arjun kitta sollirken, avan Kavin kuda thedi pakkuren'u sonnan.
Dh: Fine than go and come back with your father.

She said while her hands voluntarily grabbed his phone and saved her number. Adhi just watched her give his phone back to him and grab the key from him to lock his door.
Dh: Keep updating me. OK?