CHAPTER 5

Adhi came out of his house after nodding and muttering 'bye' to Prathap which he reciprocated while sipping his coffee. Fastening his watch clasp and slipping into his shoes, Adhi heard jiggles a few feet apart from behind him.

He turned to find Dhira locking her door, all set to leave to office. When she turned she found him already stealing glances at her whilst tying his shoe laces kneeling down.

Adhi was expecting her usual greetings which was going to go unresponsived anyways but when he got none, something in him was disturbed

Dhira, on the other hand was still pissed by the incident when he indirectly called her absurd which she managed to figure out only after hours of contemplating and it took her two days.

She twisted her lips at him when she caught his eyes on her and walked away huffing. Adhi was quite taken aback at the little woman's sudden gesture.

He didn't even bother to finish tying up his shoe laces as he stood up jogged behind her. He deliberately made loud stomps to get her attention, he even managed to when she stopped for a moment and tilt her head sideways just to find him acting casual.

She shrugged her shoulders and started walking as if the sudden absence of her cheerful Good Morning which Adhi had been receiving for the past two days, hadn't stir up some unknown void in him.

Adhi groaned inwardly, his inner mind, which was supposed to be questioning him about the sudden desperation for a mere morning wish from someone he wished could be less loud, was long gone.

He paced faster to catch up with her, she noticed it and increased her pace too. Soon they both found themselves racing towards the lift and to their luck, it was already stopped in their floor.

Adhi's big long legs managed to overtake her and he quickly pressed the close button shutting her outside before giving her an haughty smile with a tint of mischief in his eyes.
Well, serves her right for ignoring him!

Dhira groaned in frustration, rolling her eyes before taking the stairs.
It was the third time in a row of losing the lift to him.
~~~~~~

Diksha looked into the rear view mirror before reversing her car when she saw Adhi in it.

She gasped in surprise and she craned her neck to find him walking to his car.
She can't tell if it was seeking attention but just catching glances at someone you find interesting had it's own perks. But when Adhi didn't seem to notice anything of her, she was struck with an idea.

Diksha turned off her engine, grabbed her things and quickly got done. She jogged to Adhi's car before he leaves.

Adhi looked away from his phone when Diksha knocked on his window. He lowered it,
Di: Adhi, en car start agala. If you don't mind, enna hospital'ah drop panna mudhiyuma?

Adhi thought for a while before asking her to get in.
If only he could see Diksha's face lit upto 1000 Watts as she walked to the passenger seat in the front. She sat in, acting casual,
Di: Romba urgent, adhan
Ad: Yeah, yeah, it's ok.