CHAPTER 42

Adhi's fingers were involuntarily massaging Dhira's temple as she laid her head on his chest as they were watching the television, slumped in his couch.

It's been a week since Adhi found out about Dhira's brain tumour and nevertheless he became excessively protective over her

He deliberately pushes himself to help Suja in cooking so that Suja would leave Dhira free to rest.

He made sure Taru never wear out Dhira with her latest gossips and pulls away Dhira giving some lame excuses for the latter to tease him.

He made sure Dhira had her food, which means she had her tablet, by calling her now and then during office hours.

Everytime anyone notices Dhira's usual glow fading smidgenly, Adhi abruptly jumps in to her defense.

Adhi was insulating her,
In a way not even Dhira herself knew it.

Meanwhile on the other hand, Dhira was getting worried about his weird heedfulness. It made her acknowledge that it's gonna be way more hard for him when she leaves in two more weeks.

It's gonna be way more hard for, Her.

But she has to, she had made a decision.

She is gonna be separated from him either way Dhira leaves or not.

So, why not make it less difficult rather than an heart-rending departure, when you're too late to hope for a miracle?

Adhi deserves forever,
Adhi deserves longevity,
But all that Dhira could provide was long lasting love and nothing else.

Absolutely nothing.

Suddenly they were distracted by the sudden door bell with a familiar voice echoing,

Macha!!

Adhi quickly walked to the door and was surprised to find Arjun alongside Kavin,

Macha, sikirom thorae da!

Iru dha!

Adhi shook his head chuckling as he unlocked the gate and made way for Arjun to walk past him,

Ore pasi, Dhira inniki yenna samayal-

Adhi shook his head in disbelief as he watched Arjun dragging Dhira towards the kitchen to see what has been cooked, without even a single worries or an actual greet.

Expected, he thought.

He chuckled before turning back to find Kavin standing rooted, still not going in. Kavin was holding back the urge to smack Adhi's back, the way he always does, he was cracking his knuckles for the umpteenth time.

Kavin was hesitantly waiting for a sign to go in.

Adhi huffed and groaned under his breath as he was seriously done with Kavin's ego that stopped him from walking in rightfully, as Adhi's friend and not the business partner.