CHAPTER 55

Adhi's eyes snapped open as he abruptly sat up shivering. He was covered in cold sweat, shaking and heart pounding.

For whatever reasons, Adhi had a nightmare in which Dhira's hands were slipping away, away from him and out of a sudden he heard her scream.

Adhi chugged down some water from the kitchen. He gently opened Arjun's room to find him sprawled over the bed sleeping soundly.

Adhi sighed before he closed the door and walked to the balcony with a book in his hand. Her book.

For some reasons, Adhi wasn't able to sleep and since there was only a few hours to dawn. He decided to read.

When he smelled the books pages, unlike most times, he wasn't greeted with the fragrance of the paper. Instead it was her.

Her touch, her scribbles on the pages and the memory of how this book was with him.

First time Adhi fell in love with Dhira who fell in love with his messes.

A painful smile adorned his face as Adhi leaned back in the beanbag.

Yen ma ipdhi vitutu ponnae?

🦋

Kavin inhaled sharply before he entered the ICU ward. He was told that he could see and talk to Dhira before they take her to the surgery.

Kavin went and beside her by the bed pulling in a chair.

The angel he knew had her wings torn apart and tied up with medical wires.

Kavin shut his eyes as a lone tear escaped,

Na en thambi kitta bet'lam kattiruken Dhira!

He said plastering his enthusiasm for her to hear,

Andha rascal sonnan! Nee vara naalu naal achum agumnu. Naan dhan che che, nee innike vandhuruve'nu sollirken!

Kavin gulped down his tears,

Vandhuruve'la?

He reluctantly asked squeezing her hand that was in his,

Vandhuru Dhira.

Kavin's lips badly trembled, threatening a breakdown at anytime. He sighed before he wiped off his tears,

Nee yevlo sikkiram variyo, appo na unna neraya edhatuku saapdha kootitu poven, en thambi bike la oor suthi pakalam, aprom unna veetla vi-

Kavin stopped, he realised Dhira's heart beat was raising from too low to normal,

Nee veetuku polam, akka, Senthil, Sree, Taru ellarum irupanga aprom,

Adhi

Dhira's heart was beating in a normal rhythm that echoed through the room,

Adhi iruppan. Un mela kovama, nee vitutu poitae'nu. Nee pona dhane avana innum kalaika mudhiyum. Veru yetha mudhiyum.

Kavin's lips were saying things that his heart hated. His words were to let her go yet his hands were tightly holding Dhira's.

Vandhuru Dhira, please.

🦋

The next sixteen hours of pacing in front of the surgery theatre was hell.

Shakthi had to go home in between to bring food for Kavin and Vikash.

Although there was a big part of the story that he has missed out, Shakthi understood that there was more than what he's seeing to Kavin and Dhira.

As for Vikash, as much as he hated Kavin's behaviour, it's his brother.

Vikash is the only one Kavin has and Vikash could not even think of turning the tables on Kavin by informing Adhi.

So as Kavin said, he decided to wait till the surgery finishes as well.

🦋

The tumour's been removed but we'll only know her state after she awakes

Kavin nodded thanking followed by Vikash and Shakthi to the surgeons who had worked really hard.

They had to wait until Dhira is shifted to a normal ward for them to see her.

A nurse came out and informed Kavin that they could go in and wait till Dhira opens her eyes.

Vikash tapped on Kavin's shoulder gesturing him to go ahead.

For the first time in his life, Kavin prayed to God, that God he never believed existed, and pushed open the door.

Dhira was laying unconscious, there was a bandage wrapped around her head and her long eyelashes laid down as her eyes were peacefully closed.

Kavin went near and for some reasons he was nervous on what would Dhira do, how would she react when she opens her eyes to see him.

He was fidgeting with the bed covers waiting for Dhira to recover from her unconsciousness.

Suddenly, Dhira's eyeballs shifted under her closed eyelids. Kavin jerked as he cleared his throat.

Dhira? Dhira?

Dhira gently peeled open her eyelids and tiredly looked around her.

She felt light headed and muzzy at everything around her. A certain hand came to grasp hers and stroking it,

Dhira! Unaku onnu agala!

Dhira furrowed her eyebrows before she groggily asked a question that made Kavin stumble,

Yaar nee?

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Hi there everyone hope you're all fine.

So ippo I think you guys would have pretty much guess what happened.

And I'm dead nervous and scared like seriously.

Indha story oda outline'ah first first'uh plan panapo ipdhidhan decide pannen. Sathiyama.

Enala adha veetu koodhuka manasu varala, but after seeing some comments from yesterday's chapter Ippo enaku romba unsure'ah iruku.

So I'm sorry if this twist is disappointing but I promise I have a much planned story ahead.

Need your support and love hereafter. Love you guys.

❤️🥺