CHAPTER 38

Dhira let the warm water from the shower head run down her cloudy head to the ground.

Dhira has always been regarded as someone who is well thought out when it comes to handling hurdles in her life it wasn't wrong.

She had successfully made her first step back from Adhi, it wasn't much compared to the big one but it helped.

Slowly and steadily, she has to walk backwards in order for him to embrace a future with her absence.

Whether he wants it or not,
Likes it or not,
Gets it or not,
He has to save the best for someone who could last,
Forever.

For one day, he would understand the reason behind and look up to reminisce,

All the words
And the hints.

🦋

Dhira inhaled sharply squinting her eyes before bringing up her hand to her doorknob

Dhira inhaled sharply squinting her eyes before bringing up her hand to her doorknob. She twisted open it and as expected she was greeted by a well prepared Adhi with a gleeful smile over his face, standing with his hands crossed in front of him and leaning against the wall.

She somehow fought back the urge to smile at him and swiftly turned around to lock her house,

Saddist!

Dhira heard him scorn under his breath causing her to chuckle softly.

She turned back to face him and he immediately mustered up his most pleading puppy eyes.

Anyone could have melted into puddle seeing those pair of brown orbs right then, so did Dhira but instead she chose to maintain her poker face, twisting her lips she swiftly walked away smirking.

Adhi groaned rolling his eyes before exhaling a deep breath, abruptly he heard someone clearing their throat.

His features were instantly tookover with a cheeky smile as he shamelessly followed behind Dhira like a lovesick puppy.

🦋

The duo reached the elevator and unexpectedly they were greeted by Diksha, who was checking the time on her wrist watch while impatiently tapping her heels on the floor.

She turned around to find Dhira and Adhi in a decent distance from her, she paid no heed to them and turned back.

Ding!

The elevator opened, Diksha got in first. Adhi was about to just walk away to the stairs but was astounded when Dhira followed behind Diksha into the lift.

Truth to be told, Dhira would have been the first person to go with stairs the next second she sees Diksha as she has always irked Dhira.

But right now, dolefully none of it seemed to matter anymore,

Just dying people's things perhaps!

Adhi stood rooted as turned around, waving her hands at him asking him to get in fast,