CHAPTER 51

Adhi?

Adhi snapped opened his eyes as Arjun shook him awake,

Vandhutom

Adhi looked out at the huge building surrounded by a gated community.

His breath hitched just by the thought of confronting Suja, who trusted him enough to send Dhira away with him.

Prathap, who reminded him to keep that trust even before he left.

Now he is about to go and tell them that he lost her, forever and crush their trust completely with an apology.

Right?

🦋

Yenna achi? Call kuda pogala

Suja mumbled worriedly looking at her call log. Number of unanswered to unavailable to unreached calls to Dhira.

Suja ended up waking up from sleep in a halt last night and she's been worried ever since.

Something just felt voided. Suja felt like she shouldn't call Dhira at that time so she texted her only to be unanswered.

She noticed that Dhira hasn't even seen the text till now that made her worry. As long as she knows Dhira's a very quick replier.

She was hesitant to call Adhi and evade their privacy.

Senthil, nee call panni pathiya?

Senthil nodded his head negatively with his eyes still stuck on the football match, he was watching and munching on his popcorns.

Vidhu ma, avunga yedho jodi'ya outing poirukanga. Ippo poi disturb pannikutu. Ava free'ya irundha avale koopdhuva

Suja clicked her tounge, she just wanted to hear Dhira's voice and make sure that everything was alright.

Suddenly they were disrupted by the doorbell. Suja frowned wondering who was it as she walked to the door.

Suja gasped in shock to find a pale Adhi with big bandage wrapped around his swollen palm with a worried Arjun standing beside him with Adhi's luggages.

The boys has straight away came to meet her once they've reached.

Aiyoyo, enna achi Adhi?! Yen kaila kathu potruku? Dhira yenga?

Suja asked in a breath as she unlocked the gate to let them in,

Akka, nanga modhalla ulla varatuma?

Arjun hesitantly asked to which even Senthil, who was listening to the conversation frowned,

Idhu yennadha formalities? Ulla vanga

He said.

Arjun nodded before looking at Adhi and walked inside pass him.

Adhi was standing still without moving an inch whereas Suja was quizzically looking from Arjun to Adhi. Each second adding more to her nervousness.

Yennachu Arjun? Yen Adhi anga ye nikiraru? Dhira yenga?

Suja asked walking to Arjun while Senthil came sensing something wrong by the look on Arjun's face.

Arjun looked behind at Adhi who was helplessly lowering his head.

Like a stone.

🦋

"Dhira'ku brain'la tumour"....
"Adhi'ku aprom dhan therinjirukku"....
"Avungalu kulla sandha vandhuruku"....
"Dhira poita"...

Suja plopped on the floor, leaning on her husband's shoulder as she shed tears.

Chitra and Taru were trying their best to comfort her but everything was in vain.

Muthu and Prathap have been informed through phone and they were rushing back home.

Adhi was still standing by their doorway.

Breathless, is how he felt to have failed their trust.

Phack!

All heads turned towards the tight slapping sound that came from the doorway.

Adhi's cheek burned with redness from the slap he received from Prathap.

He fisted his hands letting Prathap drag him to wherever he wants, while the others ran behind him trying to stop the enraged old man from doing anything to Adhi.

He pushed Adhi away,

Arivu iruka da unaku?! Yendha yendha vishiyatha maraikanumnu theriyadhu?! Unaku therinja odhane englaku sollirundha, ivlo dhooram nadhandhurukuma?!

He chided with his wrinkled hands still not getting over with beating Adhi, Muthu grabbed Prathap's hand stopping him,

Yenna panringa neenga?! Ipdhiya pottu adhipinga paiyana?!

Prathap gave a death glare at Adhi as Arjun stood beside him,

Uncle, avan mela yendha thappum illa

Arjun tried his best when Senthil joined him,

Ama uncle, Dhira ponudhuku avan yenna pannuvan?

Ava veetutu porathuku munnadiye ivanuku yellame therinjiruku! Appo yedhavadhu pannir kalam la? Namba kitta sollirundha, namba yedhavadhu pannirpom la?!

Prathap asked once and all shushing them.

Prathap wasn't mad that Adhi let Dhira go. He was disappointed that Adhi had dragged this matter until Dhira had the choice to go.

Chitra felt sad seeing Adhi's pale face unable to even shed tears. Her mother instinct kicked in,

Anne, pilla romba odhanju poirukan'ne. Yedhuva irundhalum namba ulla poi pesikalam'ne.

Prathap fisted his hands averting his gaze from Adhi's and Arjun's pleading faces,

Ama, Prathap. Yedhavadhu irundhalum modhala Dhira'va thedura velaiya paapom. Ippodhiki adhudhan seri'nu p-

Ava vara matta

Muthu was interrupted and they all looked behind. Adhi sighed exhaustedly as Suja repeated the exact same thing he said and knew.

Ava vara matta

Suja said again broken-hearted with tears rolling down her cheeks.

Everyone's heart wrenched seeing Suja keep repeating something so hard to accept even once.

Prathap turned around with a straight face to Adhi.

That face he gives when he has made a decision and Adhi knew what was coming up.

Apo ivanum inime inga vara koodhadhu

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Hi Fam, hope you're all well.

I hope I'm carrying out the emotions well.

Adhi'ku mattum yen ivlo kashtam nu neenga nenaikalam but wait till u see Dhira's side.

But don't worry koodhiya seekiram yellam mudinjirum.

Story illa sogam

Keep showering your love and comments, ❤️