CHAPTER 12

20 varusham!

Yenna?

20 varusham! LKG lerndhu college varaikum oru ponna pakayavathu vitturikiya da!? Unnala sight adikka kuda kai kaal yellam full shivering mode'ku poiren, ana nee?!
Oru varta kuda sollama, adhavum rendu veedhu thalliye, avunga amma'va ye correct panni vechirke!
Nanban'a da nee!?

Arjun bellowed at his friend, who wordlessly sipped his coffee trying to avoid all the scrutinising looks they were getting from some other people who were sitted in the restaurant as well.

Ad: Dei, apdilam onnum illada-
Ar: Pesatha! Nee pesatha! Onnum illana yenda en kitta onnum sollala?
Ad: Yenna sollanum unakku?

Ar: Dei, Adithyan Prathap, oru ponnu kaiya pudichi illuthuruke! Adhuvum un pinnadi'ye vandhuruku! Idhu pathadha solradhuku?!

Adhi rolled his eyes at his friend's endless gripes,

10th class'la Kavitha'ku kann adhichen'u, yen kannaye odache!
College'la crush'uh vechathukku, rendu naal nee pesuna pechikke andha ponna na maranthen!
Ana nee!
How could you!
Macha naa unkita dhan-

Arjun looked up from his voiciferates to find Adhi casually scrolling his phone as if the whole world wasn't on fire . He groaned before dipping his head within his palm and literally gulped his milkshake in one go.

Ad: Nalliki namba café layum ippdiye irukuradhellam kudichi thithuratha

Arjun stared at his friend with a poker face making him chuckle,
Ar: solluve da solluve, inga unkita na pesiya savuren, anga avan enna pesiya savadhikuran!

Adhi squinted his eyes at Arjun who was now going through the menu for the 4th time again for next set of food to reenergize himself,
Ad: Kavin'ah?
Ar:Vera yaaru?

Arjun asked in a duh tone, Adhi clicked his tounge and pulled down the menu card that was on his hand, gaining all of his attention,
Ad: Ana avan one week'ah yenkitta seriya pesave illada. Loan vishiyatha thavara edhuvume pesa mattran
Ar: Pesa mattran? Yaaru avan? One week'ah, night ondra manni'ku adichi torture panraan!

This further stirred up Adhi's scepticism on why Kavin had been avoiding him a lot for the past week ever since he saw him with Dhira the other day. Most talks they had were only about their loan development and nothing more.
He mustered up a normal tone and asked,
Ad: Yennanu?
Ar: Eh, yedho vanathula nila'va pathiya, vazhka yevlo azhaga iruku pathiya'nu.. Yenenamo pesuran! Avan physiology mandhaiku yedho achi'nu nenaikiren.

Adhi rolled his eyes before face-palming himself,
Ad: Adhu psychology!
Ar: Andha yelavu dhan! Yen macha, oru vela unga campus'la irukumbothu mandaila yedhavadhu adi pathrucha yenna?

Arjun asked with fiery sincerity, clasping his hands resting it on the table while Adhi just looked away from him shrugging his shoulders. His mind was too occupied being disturbed with Kavin's sudden change of behaviour. Arjun sighed before dipping his attention back to the menu card.

Idhuku dhan naa ungala madhiri lam theevaram padhikave illa!

Suddenly, Adhi who was sitting facing the entrance had to look up from his drink when the tiny bells of hang from the restaurant door chimed.

His eyes widened when he saw Kavin and Dhira entering from afar. For whatever reasons, he didn't even want to call out for them or notify Arjun. Instead he just wanted to watch and observe what were they upto.

The duo were chatting and laughing nonstop to each other, they walked to the counter, made their order, waited for pick-up while checking out the other ice cream flavour options and mindlessly walked away with their foods

The duo were chatting and laughing nonstop to each other, they walked to the counter, made their order, waited for pick-up while checking out the other ice cream flavour options and mindlessly walked away with their foods. The way they always do.

Adhi felt a tug in himself as he watched Dhira climb onto Kavin's bike by holding his shoulder for support and soon they both were out of his sight.

Adhi didn't know if he should be grateful or disturbed that they didn't even cared to look ar their surroundings instead they both seemed to be lost in the whole world.

All they were concerned about at the moment was to identify the ice cream flavour that was displayed beside the pick up counter throughout the whole time they were there.

Something in him was bothered, but he couldn't tell. Although his conscious kept ranging that he held no rights in interrupting in anyones personal affairs , seeing Kavin brushing his arms against Dhira's everytime he bent to her height to see what was she pointing at, Adhi felt an strong urge to draw them both apart in one swift motion.

So strong, that it scared him.

~~~~~~

Dhira got down from Kavin's bike holding his shoulders before taking her handbag that was on his front.

Kavin has literally gave up his car to his brother in exchange for his bike.

Dh: Ama vara vara nee en office pakkam neraya vara madhiri irukke? Unga college route daily'ah traffic'ah iruku?

Dhira asked Kavin teasingly raising her eyebrows. Kavin chuckled rubbing his nape while shaking his head.
Ka: Yevlo nalliki dhan thaniyave porathu, seri konjam company irundhalum nalla dhane irukku.
Dh: Hmm, idhellam yosika vendhiya time'la yosichirukunum. Inneruthuku oru wife'oh girlfriend'oh irundhurupanga. Adha vitutu ipdi en kooda suthittu irundhurupiya?

Dhira asked him oblivious towards what was coming up next,
Ka: Chumma thonuna mattum pathadhu Adhira..

Dhira frowned in confusion, Kavin's fingers reached out to her handbag, slowly tracing towards the lace, playing with it,
Ka: Pudhikanum, manasara pudhikanum

Their eyes met as he leisurely hung the lace on her shoulder, careful not to touch her flesh,

Ennaku idhu dhan pudhichiruku

Dhira tilted her head,

Puriyale

Puriyum

Kavin sounded so firm and with that, he waved her a bye before driving away with an hint of boyish smile spread across his face.

But Dhira just stood there, watching his disappearing figure, unable to understand not even a single word he meant,

Apavom purila