CHAPTER 4

Adhi jogged back home after hitting the gym that was just a street away.

Suddenly he heard footsteps beside him and tilted his head to find the girl him and his friends saw in the lift yesterday. She was smiling at him making him go all awkward.

Being the dashing and attractive person he is, Adhi is no new to getting attention either, yet the awkwardness never really left. Especially when she was this close that their shoulders kept brushing each other and Adhi had to struggle jogging down the narrow path.

Di: So you're Adhityan

She finally spoke to which Adhi doesn't know why. He hummed in response nodded slightly.
Di: Romba pesamatingala?

Adhi shook his head chuckling embarrassing. This girl has probably only just seen him twice, moreover this was the first time they've actually shared a conversation and he still doesn't even know anything about her except that they might be neighbours.

But she already seems to have noticed a bigger part of his personality,
never talks.
Or maybe that's how obvious it is.

She was asking him about his career and he answered with limited words still. But before entering the lobby to the lift, she stopped and turned to face him with an amused smirk.

Di: Naa ungala pathi ivlo kekuren, neenga yenna pathi onume kekka mathringa?
Ad: Kekanuma?

Diksha was indeed impressed by this handsome man's hopeless human interaction skills. He was nothing like any man that drooled over her before.

You are interesting, aren't you?

She mumbled audible enough for him to hear which brought a teasing proud smile to his face.

I'm Diksha and we're only two blocks away. Pakalam.

She said before walking away to the lift leaving him alone.

Knowingly or unknowingly both their lips curved into a tiny smile that only each other could notice.

Suddenly he was interrupted by a tight smack on his back. He winced in pain and turned to find,

Dh: Yenna vaathiyare?! Indha pakom?

Dhira asked him excitedly. Seeing a familiar face in a dreadful morning when she was rang by her sister to collect milk from the milkman which she absolutely missed doing and had to chase behind him all the way down with her pyjamas really did cheer her up.

Ignoring her maddening nickname, Adhi eyed her Yellow satin pyjamas from head to toe before cracking. Thank goodness there weren't much people around.

Dhira was very much frustrated with the fact that he had not just ignored her question but also had mocked at her appearance.
Dh: Hello!

Adhi stiffened his laugh under her serious tone and put up the most serious face he could muster.
Ad: Sorry, sorry

He apologised raising both his hands as a way of surrendering to her glare.
She relaxed her muscles in a way of excusing him.

Dh: Vandhu konjam naal kuda agala adhukulla kadhala podha aal pudichitingalo?

She asked sarcastically before walking pass him. Now it was his turn to stare at her with a straight face as he followed behind.

Ad: Nee pathiya? naa avanga kooda kadhala podhradhe?

He tried to sound as much as stern he could but she simply cracked it up by a sarcastic chuckle,
Dh: Oh AVUNGA? Azhaga irundha dhan avunga, ivunga'nu respect'lam kedhaikum pola. Enna nethu pathapo minji minji oru smile kooda varla. What to do? This world is so-