CHAPTER 71

The cafe tables in their rich deep browns held a dark aromatic perfume. The coffee, the music and the smile of people who care, it's a fragment of heaven. A chance to enjoy company admist chaos.

Dhira, Adhi and Kavin thanked the waiter who gave them the menu card.

Idhulla caffeine neraya irukadhu? Headache varumle?

Kavin asked lowly to Dhira right when she was about to go for Americano Latte. Dhira sighed wearily shutting her eyes,

Appo extra konjam cream pottu balance panikalam.

Adhi said casually making Dhira jerk her gaze around.

Thala vali'ku lam bayandha, Life'la yedhayume panna mudhiyadhu.

Her stomach did a somersault when Adhi raised his eyebrows with lopsided smile on his face. She bit her cheeks inwardly to hide her blush and nodded.

That made Kavin scoff under his breath as he piquedly looked away from Adhi and Dhira. Whatever logic in what Adhi said had, he evidently hated it.

Their drinks arrived and before Dhira could get it, Kavin pushed himself to adding cream to her beverage and handed it to her.

The boys were playing a decent game by pretending as if everything in the table normal but no. It wasn't.

Kavin's terrible strive to remain calm,
Adhi's quip-calm smirk and both of them snapping at each other now and then. Nothing was normal and Dhira could too obviously see it.

Neenga rendu perum yeppome ipdhidhan'ah?

Adhi and Kavin were intruded from their narky argument over where they should be going next to find Dhira scrutinised as she keenly watched their faces.

Yepdhi?

Dhira leaned back on her seat and pointed at them,

Ipdhidhan, yeppa paaru yedho onnu'ku sandha potute irukanga?

Theriyuda?

Adhi asked half excited while Kavin was tensed, Dhira shrugged her shoulders,

Yeah, it's too obvious. Yedho onna manasu'la vechittu dhan neenga ipdhi theva illada yellathukum sandha podreenga.

Adhi triumphantly smirked at Kavin who astoundedly looked at Dhira. She had no idea what did she just figured out.

What are you guys even fighting f-

Nee sonna shop'ke polam!

Kavin hurriedly interrupted Dhira's question before he dragged her by her wrist to the car without even sparing a glance at Adhi, who was burning holes into Kavin's back with his glare.

🦋

Dhira felt frustrated, infuriated, miffed, vexed and everything you could say when something you initially planned to find out wasn't falling in place despite your spy skills.

She had no idea
What was she looking for ,
What were they hiding from her,
What was even happening and why did everything had to end with confusion.

But one thing she knew, something was wrong and it absolutely had everything to do with her. Especially with Adhi.

Initially Dhira was hoping that Kavin would understand her instincts and help her find out about what's so disclosing about Adhi.

But then she saw him react when she casually talked about Adhi's possible connection with her past. She patently saw him panic and within a second Dhira started having doubts.