CHAPTER 79

Adhi groaned in the his sleep when the back of his neck hurt from discomfort due to falling asleep in his car. He yawned stretching himself before noticing the time in his watch.

It has been almost six hours since he left the house. Adhi suddenly recalled everything that happened and sighed wearily. He regretted talking harshly to Dhira and was worried about what had happened to her after knowing the truth. Knowing that she must be in a turmoil, Adhi rushed to his house.

Adhi expected that Dhira would have gone back to her house, but as soon as he opened his door he noticed that her sneakers were still there.

He frowned in confusion before walking inside,

Adhira? Adhira?

He called as his eyes were attentively searching for her until they landed on a fainted Dhira collapsed on the floor. In the exact place he'd left her.

🦋

Adhi's whole world had crumbled down into pieces. The sadness drained through him rather than skating over his skin. He was numb while sitting outside the ward in the hospital chair as they checked Dhira. Deepa was beside him.

Kavin made his way across the hospital with eyes shooting lasers. Dhira's doctor, the one that is in good terms with Kavin had to ring him up when he saw Dhira being admitted by a stranger.

Kavin held Adhi's collars fiercely making him stand up,

Yenna da pannae?!

Deepa gasped loudly, Vikash tried to pull Kavin away from Adhi, who had his head lowered,

Na hospital na! Yedhuva irundhalum pesikalamna!

Kavin finally let go of Adhi's collars with a glare. Adhi almost stumbled. Kavin face palmed himself,

Perusa pesniye? Anju naal dhan un koodha irundha, Ippo yenga irukka pathiya?

Kavin blared at Adhi,

Idhulla kastha padurathu neeyo naano illa!

Kavin pointed at the way of the room Dhira was in,

Dhira mattum dhan!

Kavin said firmly before nearing Adhi,

Ippo avaluku mattum yedhavadhu ach-

Suddenly, Adhi held his hand out indicating Kavin to stop talking. Kavin frowned in confusion.

Adhi leisurely took calculated steps towards the emergency room. The round transparent space in the door gave him access to be heartbroken by a view of Dhira being treated in middle of various medical equipments.

And that was beyond enough for him to turn around,

Ava ketta,

Na poiten'nu solirunga

🦋

Kavin anxiously sat with his hands clasped under his chin. His shoes kept producing a clicking sound as he was tapping them on the floor.

Suddenly the doctor came out.

She has probably been stressed or shocked. Her blood pressure has dropped. But I also suppose this has got something to do with her memories. They've been triggered.  I've given her some extra doses to prevent the side effects so let's wait and hope for the best.

Kavin, Vikash and Deepa sighed in relief that Dhira was fine.

Can we take her home?

Kavin asked the Doctor who thought for a while before answering,

Yeah ,sure. Fine. Ring me up if you need anything.

They thanked the doctor. Suddenly Kavin turned to Vikash,

Nee ivangala veetla vitru, na Dhira'va kutitu namba vituku poren.

Deepa stared at him with perplexity,

Yen pa na illama yep-

Idhu varaikum ungala nambi vittadhu podhum! Idhuku mela na pathukuren! Ava varumbothu varuva!

Kavin replied coldly that even Vikash felt bad. Deepa wiped off her tears and followed behind Vikash who wrapped his arms around Deepa as a comfort.

🦋

Kavin carefully helped a drowsy Dhira to lay in his bed. He took off her sneakers and tugged her under the comforter. He kept her phone in the desk nearby and sat beside her caressing Dhira's hand. He was thinking about what would he tell her when she wakes up.

Suddenly, Dhira's phone chimed with a notification. Although it was just some random advertisement, her wallpaper caught his eye.

It was definitely Adhi and Dhira.

That's when Kavin realised something. It's been hours since Adhi left without sparing even a glance at him and he didn't know where.

All of a sudden, Kavin grew worried about Adhi. It's his friend after all.

The care sometimes stays no matter how much hate you have, if the person was someone you once hated to let go.

Kavin let go of Dhira's hands and switched off the table lamp before coming out of the room. He closed the door as he phoned Vikash.

Sollu?

Vitutiya?

Vikash hummed in response.

Ippothan veliya avuren. Going to the lift.

Avan anga irukana'nu paru

Vikash rolled his eyes,

Ippo yethuku nee marubadiyum avarta porae? Yer kanave nee pesunad-

Avan ulla kadanthu saganum, illa yengeyo poi saganumnu aasai illana, dheivasenju avan anga irukana'nu paru

Vikash was tongue tied. He inhaled sharply before walking to Adhi's door and rang the bell.

No response

He kept ringing it again and again

No response

Kadhava vegama thattu

Vikash hummed in response to his brother and banged on the door.

Receiving no responses, Kavin and Vikash's intrigudity were stirred.

Adhi would never leave his guests unanswered more than a second ring in the door bell. Unless he wasn't home.

But if he wasn't home at this time, where else could he be?

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Not much but at least it's double for today 😬

Bare with me please.