Chapter 15

Mukti: Why don't we guys plan a trip? Nandini loves travelling I am sure it will distract her mind and we will get our old cheerful Nandini back.

Abhi: I think Mukti is right. We should plan a trip for few days.

Manik: I have no problem I just want my old naughty Nandu back.

Cabir: Manik we have few meetings to attend after that we can plan.

Alia: Yes even we have few orders to complete. How about we plan after 3 days till that time everyone complete their work.

Navya: But where should we plan this time?

Manik: I know a place where Nandini wanted to go from a long time. Let's go Disneyland in California.

Mukti: Awesome. We need to shop for the trip also.

Manik: I dont think Nandini will come for shopping and I cant leave her alone and come.

Alia: Dont worry Manik. I will shop for her.

Cabir: Ok then I will look after the bookings for everything.

Manik: Now that almost everything is planned lets sleep.

Everyone headed towards their room. Manik laid Nandini on bed that's when someone knock the door. He opened the door and saw that Cabir was waiting for him.

Manik: Do you need anything?

Cabir: I actually wanted to ask what about the meetings you have lined up? You need to be present there.

Manik: I can't leave Nandini alone right now. So I was thinking to attend meetings through video calls. You visit office tomorrow and attend meetings. Regarding office I dont think I am going to visit these days. I will work from home and if any documents need my attention just send it over here.

Cabir: OK then take care of yourself and Nandini. Don't stress yourself much. Will meet you tomorrow for breakfast. Good Night.

Saying this he went towards his room and Manik also locked the door and laid beside Nandini.

Manik's POV:

What is all this happening in our life. I cant believe Nandini used to be abused in her school daily. She hates darkness and that bas****d he locked her in that storeroom. Why din't she shared it with me? She kept everything inside her. Din't she trusted me enough to share it with me for once? She suffered alone all this while. I need to talk with tomorrow. She has to answer my questions.

POV end

With that thought he slept hugging her.

Next Morning

Manik woke up first and saw that Nandini was snuggling into he necks which made him smile. He thought to freshen up first then to wake Nandini up. After sometime he released himself from her hold and went inside the bathroom. While he was taking shower Nandini woke up and saw that Manik was not on the bed and could hear the sound of water from the bathroom. She was staring blankly at the bathroom door. After 5 min Manik came outside and saw that Nandini has already woke up. He went towards her.

Manik: Good morning baby. Did you sleep well? (pecked her forehead)

She just nodded in return.

Manik: Chalo then lets get you all cleaned up then we will have our breakfast ok.

They went inside the bathroom and completed their morning routine. After half and hour they both headed towards living room to meet their friends.

Manik: Good morning guys.