Chapter 93

Monday night:

After a weekend together, Manik and Nandini returned home to witness Cabir and Mukti's heated argument. Abhi struggled to separate them. When they inquired about the chaos, Alia revealed that Mukti was upset over Cabir eating all her chocolates during her period. Shaking their heads, Manik and Nandini decided to ignore the drama and sat down for breakfast.

Present - Manan's Room:

The once-neat room was now a mess, with pillows scattered on the floor and the blanket in disarray. Nandini, in tears, searched for things to throw at Manik.

Now you might be wondering what happened suddenly to this happy couple. So the thing is after reaching office they got busy with their work but in the middle of the day Manik got to know that he urgently needs to go on a business trip to London tomorrow morning and that to for a week. So after dinner when he informed Nandini, this is what happened. Others were also present during this conversation.

Nandini: (crying) No, no, no! I'm coming with you.

Manik: (sighs) Baby, remember your important competition this week? I'll be back in a blink, just seven days.

Nandini: (sitting on the floor) I don't care about the competition; take me with you, please.

Manik sat beside her, cradling her in his arms.

Manik: (softly) Baby, look at me. (She shook her head) You're my good girl, right? Come on, look at me.

Manik sighed as he noticed Nandini peeking her head out, her eyes swollen and red from crying. He gently wiped away her tears with his thumb, caressing her cheek.

Manik: (softly) You're Dadda's good girl, aren't you? (she nodded slowly) Do you think Dadda wants to leave his little one here? (she shook her head) Dadda loves his cutiepie so much, but you know the competition is important. Unfortunately, Dadda has to go alone.

Nandini: (sniffling) You're a bad Dadda.

Manik: (patting her head) Yes, Dadda is very bad. Dadda is sorry, bacha.

Nandini slowly calmed down, playing with his shirt button.

Nandini: (curious) When are you leaving?

Manik: Tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock.

Tears welled up in Nandini's eyes once again.

Manik: (wiping her tears) I'll be back before you know it.

Cabir: (teasing) Don't cry too much, behena. Once Manik is gone, we siblings will have a blast. No one to stop us!

Mukti: (joining in) Mukti Di will take you to different places.

Navya: (enthusiastically) And I'll cook all your favourite dishes.

Dhruv: (smiling) Alia and I will drop you off at college, and on the way back, we can grab your favourite ice cream.

Abhi: (complaining) Hey, you guys took all the jobs. What will I do now?

Manik: Keep an eye on her. I don't want any mischief behind my back.

Nandini whines and playfully bites Manik's shoulder.

Nandini: (with a pout) Nandu is a good girl.

Manik: (pecks her forehead) Yes, my good girl. Now, let's get some sleep, okay?

Everyone, one by one, gives Nandini a forehead peck and heads to their rooms. Manik carries Nandini to bed, where she insists on staying close.

Nandini: (resting her chin on his chest) Will you miss me?