Chapter 59

Next day Manik woke up with Nandini sleeping on him. He smiled thinking about last night.

Flashback:

It was midnight and Manik was still awake. Well it's not that he is working or something but he is not able to sleep. He keeps on changing sides in order to sleep but he is not able to sleep alone. He needs Nandini to cuddle so that he can sleep. Just when he was thinking about Nandini his room door opens and Nandini came inside with a pillow in her hand so he pretend that he is in deep sleep.

Nandini: (shaking him a bit) Dadda I had a nightmare. Can you please cuddle me? (no response) Dadda.

She tried waking him few more times but when she failed she thought to just laid down beside him. Slowly she climbed on the bed and slept beside him facing his face.

Nandini: (smiling sadly) I know you are angry with me and you should be after all it was my fault but don't worry I will manofy you. Sorry and love you.

Saying this she pecked his lips and went to sleep. While Manik heard all this and he felt bad that he couldn't assure her that everything will be fine after she had nightmare. He opened his eyes and saw that she was now in deep sleep so slowly and carefully took her in his arms.

Manik's POV:

I am sorry bacha sorry to be so harsh on you. I know even you are scared from what happened today and for that I shouldn't ignore you but I just can forget what happened today. Whenever I think of forgiving you everything just comes back in my mind and I feel angry and helpless and scared and I don't want to take that anger on you. I love you so much.

POV ends.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pecked her forehead. She smiled in her sleep as if she recognized his touch even while sleeping. Manik kept on looking at her sleeping figure and didn't realised when he slept.

Flashback ends

He pecked her forehead and carefully separated himself from her and went in the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Half an hour later Manik was ready to go to his office. Pecking her forehead one last time he moved out of his room. When he reached downstairs he met Cabir who had a worried expression on his face and others were trying to calm him down.

Manik: (confused) What's wrong?

Cabir: Ma..Manik Nandini is missing. I don't know from when but when I woke up she was not with me... I checked everywhere garden, kitchen everywhere but she is not there.

Manik: Cabir relax she is not missing.. She slept in my room last night.

Cabir: Really!!! Thank god... but wait a minute it means you both slept together yesterday?

Manik: What so shocking about it? We always sleep together.

Cabir: I mean you were angry with her last night right and you told me to accompany her at night. Does it mean that you guys have sort out everything?

Manik: No.. Yesterday in middle of night she had a nightmare so she came in my room that's it.

Cabir: Ohh so when she came in your room even you were awake.. it means that you were not able to sleep without her last night hmmmmm.

Manik: (slightly panicked) No I was sleeping when she came in my room.

Cabir: Then how come you came to know that she had a nightmare?

Manik: I...I-

Cabir: Ha what I? Just accept it Manik that you were missing her.

Manik: I am getting late for office I need to go. Girls look after Nandini this is the last time I am trusting you all.