Chapter 95

Next day - at 8 am:

Nandini was nearly ready for her day. Descending the stairs, she found the house quiet, as it was still a bit early for others. She ventured into the kitchen, where Navya was busy preparing breakfast for everyone.

Nandini: (hugging Navya from behind) Good morning, Di.

Navya: (smiling) Good morning, my bacha.

Nandini: Actually, Di, today...

Navya cuts her off.

Navya: Don't even think about telling me you're skipping breakfast.

Nandini: (laughs nervously) No, no, not at all.

Navya: Good.

Nandini: Um, Di, actually, our group members decided to have breakfast together today.

Navya: Group members?

Nandini: Yes, Di. We thought it would be better to eat together so we can discuss today's competition while having breakfast.

Navya: (suspiciously) Are you sure?

Nandini: Do you think I'm lying?

Navya studied Nandini's face for a moment, then sighed with a smile.

Navya: No, I don't think you're lying. I just find it hard to believe you'd willingly skip my breakfast for someone else's cooking.

Nandini chuckled, relieved.

Nandini: You know me too well, Di.

Navya: Alright, then. But make sure you eat properly with your group. 

Nandini: Promise, Di. Thanks!

Navya patted her cheek affectionately before returning to her cooking, and Nandini headed out, she sighed.

Nandini's POV:

I'm sorry for lying to all of you, especially you; Navya Di and Dadda. I know when you find out, you'll be really upset. But I also know that your anger won't last long. Once I bring that trophy home, you'll be so proud of me. You've always taught me that sometimes we have to give up something to achieve something else. So, this lie is a small sacrifice for that. I'm sorry.

POV ends.

Nandini headed towards college and meanwhile others came downstairs

Cabir: (entering the dining room) Good morning, Navya! Where's Nandini?

Navya: (smiling) Good morning, Cabir! Nandini left a bit early today. She said she's having breakfast with her group before the competition.

Mukti: (pouring herself some juice) Oh, really? That's unusual.

Abhi: (munching on a toast) Yeah, Nandini never misses Navya's breakfast.

Dhruv: Maybe they've got some strategy to discuss.

Alia: (nodding) Yeah, makes sense. They need to be prepared for today's event.

Navya: (still slightly suspicious) I hope so. I just worry about her skipping breakfast. You know how important it is to start the day right.

Cabir: Don't worry, Navya. Nandini knows what she's doing. She's probably just super focused on winning.

Mukti: Exactly! Let's trust her.

Abhi: And besides, she promised to take care of herself.

Dhruv: That's right. I'm sure she won't disappoint.

Alia: So, let's just enjoy Navya's amazing breakfast and have faith in Nandini.

Navya: (smiling, feeling reassured) You guys are right. I believe in her. Let's eat.