Chapter 80

Cabir: (irritatedly) Whatever!!! Now tell me where is Navya?

Manik: Ahh about that... (shrugging his shoulders) I sent here on a vacation.

Cabir: (shocked) WHAT!!!!!! WHY? WHEN? WHERE?

Manik: This morning.. and the place is ummm... why should I tell you?

Cabir: Because I have the right to know... We are couple... She is my husband and I am her wife.

He didn't even realised what he said until everyone burst out laughing.

Mukti: (laughing hard) Woah Cabir I didn't knew you guys exchanged roles among yourself.

Manik: (chuckling) I think you mean 'she is my wife and I am her husband', Cabir.

Cabir: (blushing) Yes, yes, that's what I meant. So, where did you send her?

Alia: (grinning mischievously) Oh, I heard Manik say something about sending her to a deserted island with a handsome stranger.

Cabir: (eyes widening) WHAT?!! How could you do that, Manik? My Navya is with a stranger on a deserted island?!

Nandini: (giggling) Relax, Bhai. Alia is just pulling your leg. Navya is actually at a spa in the Maldives.

Dhruv: (joining in the teasing) Yeah, she's probably getting massages from some hot, muscular Maldivian guys.

Cabir: (rolling his eyes) Very funny, guys. You're all just jealous. Now please do the needful and tell me where is my beautiful wife?

Nandini: (still laughing) Bhai, relax! Navu Di is not in the Maldives, she's actually here!

Cabir: (confused) What do you mean, she's here? I thought you said you sent her on vacation.

Aliya: (grinning) We were just teasing you, Cabir. Navya is actually in the next room.

Cabir: (annoyed) Ugh, you guys! You had me worried for a second there.

Manik: (smirking) Yeah, we just wanted to give you a taste of your own medicine. You're always interrupting Nandini and me when we're trying to have a romantic moment.

Cabir: (grinning sheepishly) Okay, okay. I get it. I'll try to be less of a third wheel from now on. (in mind) In your dreams my brother.

Nandini: (smiling) We're just teasing you, Bhai. We love having you around, even if you do interrupt us sometimes.

Dhruv: (jokingly) Yeah, you're like our personal air horn. Always there to announce your presence.

Manik: Oh hello I am still against him interrupting my romantic moments.

Everyone laughed again, happy to be able to lighten the mood and have a good time together.

Mukti: (smiling) Actually we have been planning a surprise for you or you can say Manik have planned something for you.

Cabir: (curious) A surprise? What kind of surprise?

Manik: (grinning mischievously) Oh, just wait and see, Cabir. It's going to be epic.

Cabir: (excited) Now I can't wait anymore to meet my wife. I AM GOING.

As Cabir rushed off to find Navya, Manik smiled to himself. He had been planning a surprise for Cabir since yesterday as a way of thanking him for his constant support and friendship. Manik had made sure that Cabir stayed in the penthouse the last night, knowing that if he was here, he wouldn't let Manik work in peace.

As Cabir burst into the next room, he was greeted with a sight that made his heart skip a beat. Navya was standing in the center of the room, wearing a stunning red dress that clung to her curves in all the right places. The room was dimly lit with candles, giving it a romantic ambiance that was impossible to miss.