Chapter 81

Nandini tightly closed her eyes, knowing that she was in deep trouble. She realized that no one would come to her rescue today; instead, they would scold her along with everyone else.

Shital: (checking her phone) Ahh guys its too late I need to go... Nice meeting you all... Bye everyone.

She left, leaving everyone speechless. They didn't know how to react to the shocking revelation they had just heard. Manik struggled to maintain his composure.

Manik: (coldly) Let's go.

Without waiting for others he grabbed Nandini's arm and dragged her towards the car. Others following them behind.

Without waiting for the others, he grabbed Nandini's arm and forcefully led her towards the car, with the rest following silently behind them. The entire car ride was filled with silence. Nandini kept her gaze fixed downward, nervously fidgeting with her fingers. She was uncertain about what awaited her at home, but one thing was certain—whatever it was, it wouldn't be pleasant.

After some time, they arrived home. Manik wordlessly stepped out of the car, forcefully closing the door with a loud thud, which startled Nandini. The others also got out of the car, except for Nandini.

Cabir: (coldly) Nandini come out... (no response) Nandini don't make me repeat.

Nandini slowly came out from the car, still keeping her gaze fixed downward. She felt an even greater sense of fear when she realized that even Cabir was treating her coldly. Cabir, her closest brother who had always supported her unconditionally, could also become the most intimidating person when he saw his sister in danger. Now, having discovered that Nandini had willingly invited this danger, she had no idea what would unfold that day.

They all entered the house and found Manik sitting on the couch, his head resting in his palm. As they approached, he raised his head, glaring at Nandini, who continued to avoid eye contact with everyone.

Cabir: Explain.

Nandini: (with teary eyes) V-vo I-I j-just...

Cabir: (sternly) Stop stammering and crying. Don't let a single tear fall.

Nandini: I am sorry.

Dhruv: So that day you lied to us? When we asked you how you got hurt you lied to us, isn't it?

Flashback:

Nandini returned from the garden, enduring unbearable pain. She could barely walk. The servants working at that time noticed her condition and immediately rushed to her aid, helping her sit on the couch.

Maid: Nandini beti yeh kya hua?

Nandini: Ahh nothing kaki bas thoda sprain hua while running. (she lied)

Maid: (taking her phone) Wait I will call Manik baba.

Nandini: NOOO!!! I-I mean Dadda ko mene bata diya hai but he is busy in some work so he won't be able to come.

Maid: Ok wait I will bring ice pack. You will feel better after using it.

After that she brought ice pack and Nandini kept it on her wound. It helped her a bit not much but only a little bit.

Night time:

The maid who had helped Nandini left for home. Shortly after, everyone arrived home and greeted Nandini, who sat in the living room. Until then, nobody had noticed her injured leg as she had concealed it with a blanket. They went to freshen up and later reconvened in the living room.