Chapter 89

Nandini and Manik joined the rest of their friends in the dining room for breakfast. The atmosphere was cheerful, and everyone was engaged in light-hearted conversations, unaware of the events of the previous night. The couple had decided to keep Manik's nightmare to themselves, not wanting to burden their loved ones with unnecessary worry.

Nandini was in a cheerful mood today because, for once, she got to enjoy a pastry as part of her breakfast, something that Manik usually didn't allow. Today, her puppy-dog eyes had managed to sway him. They all sat around the table, savouring their meal and engaging in light conversation when Nandini and Cabir both set their sights on the last remaining pastry.

Simultaneously, they reached out to grab it, locking eyes as their hands hovered over the prized pastry.

Cabir: (with a smirk) Don't even think about it.

Nandini: (firmly) You've already had your share, Bhai. This one's mine.

Their bickering drew the attention of the others, who watched with bemused expressions.

Cabir: (defensive) I only had four, Nandini. Forget about it.

Nandini: (equally determined) Well, I've only had three. So, technically, it's mine.

Cabir: (raising an accusing eyebrow) And what about the one you sneakily swiped from Manik's plate?

Manik: (sternly) Nandiniiiii...

Nandini: (feigning innocence) I thought you didn't want it, Dadda. I was just trying to help.

Cabir: (chuckling) Help?

Nandini: (through gritted teeth) Bhai, kindly remove your hand from my pastry.

Cabir: Not a chance.

Navya: Cabir kyu pareshan kar rhe ho usko? Give it to her.

Nandini: See na Didu scold him more.

Cabir: Navya you are my wife so you should be on my side. And I am doing this for health only. If she eats more sweets then she will only fall sick na.

Nandini: You don't have to worry about that.

Cabir: Arey ase kaise chinta na karu after all I am your brother.

Mukti: Stop fighting like kids.

Nandini: Then tell him to not fight.

Manik: Baby anyways you had enough so let him eat.

Nandini: But he ate more than me.

Cabir: (mouth full of that last piece) Because I am older than you.

Nandini: So wh- Wait what are you eating? (see the empty plate) MY PASTRYYYYYYYY...

Cabir: (licking his finger) Ummm... So YUMMYYYYYY.

Nandini: (shouting) Bhai! You are so dead!

Cabir, with a mischievous grin, bolted out of the room and darted into the living room. Nandini was in hot pursuit, determined to exact her pastry-related revenge. She grabbed a couple of throw pillows from the couch and started launching them at her escaping brother.

Nandini: You can't escape today!

Cabir, while trying to dodge the incoming pillows, replied between giggles, "Nandini, you should learn to share, little sister!"

Navya and Mukti watched the commotion, shaking their heads and chuckling. Manik, on the other hand, couldn't help but smile at the antics of his family. He leaned back on the couch, enjoying the lighthearted banter and the warmth of the moment.