Chapter 74

Everyone was shocked to see that bottle in his hand.

Abhi: It...It's nothing important.

Cabir: (confused) But it looks like some fake blood, isn't it?

Abhi: What? Fa...Fake blood? What will I do with fake blood? It's my patient's blood that I have to check.

Cabir: Patient's blood at home? As far as I know, we don't have the medical equipment to check it.

Navya: Cabir what do you have to do with it? That's his problem.

Cabir: (getting suspicious) I am asking him so why are you getting so worked up? (everyone was silent) (suddenly something clicked in his mind) Don't tell me that what I am thinking is actually right.

Dhruv: Cabir look-

Cabir: It means I am right, hai na? You all are answering on behalf of one another which means you all are involved in this, is that true?

Mukti: Cabir first listen to us.

Cabir: I first want the fucking answer... YES OR NO?

Navya: (in a hesitating tone) Ye...Yes.

Cabir: (disappointed) Why?

Mukti: We were trying to help Manik.

Cabir: Like this? You guys thought that you will fucking call us like that and fucking lie to our face making us worried like hell and then everything will be ok?

Abhi: Cabir-

Cabir: Manik how did you agree on this? How can you fake something like this? You fucking faked your injury didn't you think about Nandini for once? She was so scared for you while coming here blaming herself for whatever happened to you.

Manik: I...I didn't mean it.

Cabir: (so done with them) You guys are unbelievable.

Alia: Don't blame them it was my plan to fake Manik's injury. I am-

She stopped in the middle when she saw Nandini standing at the door. Everyone looked at the door and was shocked to see Nandini. She heard everything. She slowly came inside tears dropping from her eyes. She stood in front of Manik.

Nandini: (not believing what she heard) What are they saying? Is...Is it true?

Mukti: Nandini-

Nandini: I am talking to Dadda so please don't interrupt.

Manik: (holding her hands) Baby look I was upset that you were ignoring me and so I...I did this. I am sorry that I didn't think about your feelings.

Nandini: (smiling) Why are you saying sorry it's my fault na... You know I am so stupid I got angry yesterday and was ignoring you for no reason. It was my mistake na. Fine I accept my mistake but is this how you take revenge?

Manik: Nandini-

Nandini: No please no more... I can't listen to any more lies of yours'.

Navya: Nandini look it's our mistake please don't blame Manik for this.

Nandini: Di I am not blaming anyone. Why should I blame anyone when it was my mistake? My mistake was that trusted you all and especially him (pointing at Manik).

Abhi: Nandini calm down and please listen to us.

Nandini: Calm down? Just imagine you get a call that Mukti Di getting in some accident how will you react? Just imagine when you see your loved one covered with a bandage and you try to wake him/her up and they don't even respond to you. (crying) I was so scared after that call which you guys will never understand. When I saw him unconscious I...I hated myself... the only thought that came to my mind was he was in that condition because of me.