Chapter 91

The weekend had finally arrived, and Nandini and Manik were both looking forward to some quality time together. It had been an exceptionally busy week for both of them, with Nandini settling into her new college routine and Manik managing his corporate responsibilities. As the sun dipped below the city skyline, casting a warm glow across the bustling streets, Manik decided it was the perfect time to surprise Nandini.

Nandini stepped out of her college building, the hustle and bustle of students creating a lively atmosphere. She was expecting to see her Dadda waiting for her as usual, but to her surprise, the familiar face of their driver greeted her instead.

Nandini: (confused) Um, where's Dadda?

Driver: Sir has sent me to pick you up, ma'am.

She hesitated for a moment but decided to go along. The drive back to their mansion was uneventful, leaving Nandini wondering about the unusual change. Upon reaching home, she opened the door to find herself handed a note by the driver.

Curiosity piqued, she went inside to find the girls gathered in the living room.

Mukti: Baby, you're here! You must be tired.

Nandini: (whining) Diiiiiiiiii....

Mukti: (arms open) Awww, come here, my babygirl.

Without hesitation, Nandini rushed into Mukti's arms, hiding her face in Mukti's neck while Mukti lovingly stroked her hair.

Alia: What happened, bacha?

Nandini: (complaining cutely) Why is studying so hard? People say college life is so chill, but here I just end up spending my day completing those assignments.

The girls chuckled at Nandini's predicament.

Navya: Well, you brought yourself into this, didn't you?

Nandini: (sad pout) Yeah, sadly.

Navya: You must be hungry, right? Go freshen up, and I'll prepare some snacks for you.

Nandini kissed Navya's cheeks and sprinted to her room, her mind occupied with the mysterious note. Once inside, she opened it and read:

"Take some rest because I have plans for tonight."

She immediately dialled Manik's number, and he answered promptly.

On call:

Manik: What is my baby doing?

Nandini: (pouting) Baby is missing you.

Manik: Aww, Dadda misses you too.

Nandini: Dadda? (he hums) What have you planned for tonight?

Manik: Since we both were busy this week, I thought to spend this weekend together alone in our penthouse. So tonight, we are going there.

Nandini: (excited) Ohhh! What time are you coming to pick me?

Manik: I won't pick you; the driver will drop you here.

Nandini: Ok.

Manik: Ok, baby. I have a meeting to attend now, so we'll talk later. Come safely. Bye, love you.

Nandini: Bye, love you too.

The call ended, leaving Nandini excitedly sharing her day with her Di's, eagerly anticipating the evening's plans.

Time skip

Nandini walked into the luxurious penthouse, still in awe of the breathtaking view of the city from the floor-to-ceiling windows. Manik stood in the middle of the spacious kitchen, wearing a crisp apron with the words 'Master Chef in Training' written on it. He turned to face her with a mischievous grin.