Chapter 90

As Nandini left, Manik turned to the rest of the group.

Manik: Alright, guys, I need to have a quick chat with the principal. You guys carry on, I'll catch up.

Dhruv: Everything alright, Manik?

Manik: All good, just wanna make sure Nandini settles in smoothly.

Cabir: I'll go with you, man.

Manik: Great. I'll get the driver to drop you guys.

With nods of agreement, Manik and Cabir made their way to the principal's office.

Upon reaching the door, they knocked, hearing a muffled "come in," and stepped inside. The principal rose from his seat and greeted them warmly.

Principal: Ah, Mr. Malhotra, Mr. Dhawan, please come in. Take a seat.

Manik: (settling down) Thank you.

Principal: So, what brings you both here today?

Cabir: Well, you're aware that Nandini just joined the college today... (the principal nodded, signalling for him to continue) and we all know how reputable this college is.

Principal: Mr. Dhawan, feel free to voice any concerns you may have.

Manik: We've talked about this already, but I'd like to touch on it again. Nandini means the world to us, and we can't bear to see her distressed. She's a bit naive, and I'm worried about the possibility of someone giving her a hard time or anything of the sort.

Principal: Mr. Malhotra, I completely understand your concerns but rest assured, I'll personally ensure Nandini won't face any issues. You can trust me on this.

Manik: One more thing, Nandini can be a bit mischievous at times. Please, don't scold her if she causes any trouble. Just give me a call, and I'll handle it.

Principal: Alright, no problem. Is there anything else?

Cabir: Principal Sir, if she causes any trouble, please don't call him. Instead, call me. (thinking to himself) If they complain to this guy, he might turn into a monster and eat my baby sister.

Principal: Well, Mr Dhawan, Mr Malhotra is her legal guardian, and according to our policies, we can only contact the legal guardian. But if he's unavailable, we can use your contact information as an alternative.

Cabir (thinking): Nandini, my sister, I hope you behave and don't cause any trouble if you want a peaceful life.

Manik (whispering): Don't stress your not-so-useful brain. If your sister causes any trouble, no one can save her.

Cabir shot him a fierce glare.

Manik (standing up): Alright, then, Principal Sir, we'll take our leave.

Manik extends his hand for a handshake.

Principal: (shaking his hand) It was a pleasure meeting you. (shakes hands with Cabir).

With that, both of them exited the principal's office.

Meanwhile with Nandini: 

Nandini's POV:

This campus is massive! I'm totally lost and not sure which direction to take. I really wish someone would appear out of the blue to guide me. I hope everyone here is friendly and helpful, unlike some people back in my old school.

POV ends.

As Nandini was lost in her thoughts, someone suddenly crashed into her, causing them both to tumble to the ground.