39.Bringing hell on Earth

KING MAHIR

It was disgusting to look at. The corpse before me. The corpse of another military commander of Ravens. It is a popular fact about him, that he was a rapist and showed no mercy at women. Well, I made sure my men make him incapable of touching another woman even in his next lives.

"No the only one left is that bitch of a king, who refuses to come out of his hideout.", Andrew scowled.

I signalled the guards to bury the body somewhere deep in the earth and turn to him.

"You know how much that frustrates me. I long to be with Bella! Heck! It's been two months now! And she's going to be four months along soon. I want to be with her."

He sighed, "Emily said that Marcus has learned to call me Papa! You know how much I want to leave but I can't."

I couldn't help but feel for him. All we have done other than this ruthless killing is trying to learn about being father. Andrew has been sharing his experiences with Marco, and we have been missing our families terribly.

"Oren, make some strategy fast and present it to us. I want that king out of his hiding ditch as soon as possible."

Our millitary commanders left to work and we left the battlefield.

Wars had different mental impacts. It is really thrilling in the battlefield but it is equally depressing afterwards. It is not a beautiful feeling to kill people, however bad they be. But being a king comes with certain responsibilities, that include killing too.

*

The next morning was late to come, or maybe I couldn't sleep today. Something was bothering me. I hope Bella is fine.

Abram, my military commander was sleeping in the same camp as me, as he wanted to protect me. I did not succumb easily to the demand but I had to.

I sat up in my cot, and looked at Abram who was sleeping soundly, but I was sure a single sound shall wake him up. He was that alert.

May be I should get some fresh air.

I did not alert Abram as per the protocol. There are guards outside and I barely need protection.

I walked out of the camp and came in front of the guards who seemed to be talking among themselves. As soon as they saw me, they bowed before me and I nodded in recognition.

"What can we do for you your highness?"

I thought for a while, "I need one of you to go and fetch a pitcher of water from the river. I feel thirsty."

One of them, who I was familiar with nodded eagerly and left with a pitcher. Another guard seemed to be deep in thoughts. About a yard away, I saw another group of guards probably entertaining themselves.

"I haven't seen you before. Tell me your father's name.", He looked like a eighteen years old guy, fresh in army, but I don't remember fighting him to recruitment. I generally remember those who I have fought.

"In.. Ingrid Roshan my majesty."

I have heard of him.

I nodded at him and he fled immediately as if intimidated.

Soon after the other guard came with the water filled pitcher. I took few sips from a glass and then looked at where the guards were, "Where's the other one?", I asked the guard.

"Your highness! He must be here somewhere. Should I call him?"

"No no Minaz!", He looked surprised when I took his name. Ofcourse I try to remember as much names as I can. I am a king for god sake, "Tell me how is it working with him."