34. You are called the 'god of war'

KING ROSHAN MAHIR

"Are you sure he will be fine Alexis?", I asked again.

She nodded, "Yes big brother! This herb suits his body well...when he used to play as a boy and hit himself somewhere, father always used this one. And then I learnt how it suits a certain body type including Darius."

I nodded in approval at her. We were in our office after Alexis went to meet Darius and treat him. She was here now, so I am assured she isn't in danger.

"See Alexis...I can always call you to the fort telling them I want to add you in the infirmary as a healer. There will be no suspicions and you will not be in danger."

She looked at me warily, "You worry so much. I am always on alert so no one can harm me much. And on top of that Elena needs me right now."

"But..."

I am interrupted by a knock and then Bella strolls in.

She looks at me briefly and then smiles at Alexis.

"So Bella! This is Alexis... Darius' little sister.", I introduced.

And to that Alexis frowned, "I am not little. We are twins."

I chuckled, "you sure are.."

"My queen!", She bowed before Bella not before making a face at me.

Bella went forward and hugged her which definitely caught her off guard but she grinned nonetheless.

"I hope you made sure Darius will be fine Alexis."

She chuckled, "He isn't hurt my queen. He'll live."

Both of them mingled well, too well for my liking. Because I called Bella twice and she blatantly ignored me. Probably the company of a female near her age, for the first time in her life was a new subject of her liking.

So, knowing I ain't getting any damn from any of these two anytime soon, I left the office to get some stuff done.

I called Tyler and asked him for the documents I asked him to fetch initially.
He handed me the scrolls and I went to sit upstairs in our suite to do some work.

While working my thoughts again drifted to my mother. What should I do? Where should I find the person who killed her? We don't have any idea. I asked my father in law to send me the details of the investigation that took place years before and that I personally want to look into it.

But I knew, for a matter of fact, that all I am getting in conclusion is Bella's mother's name. And that I am aware is no answer.

Should I visit Jonathan kingdom and carry out an investigation on my own.

I heard the bell at the entrance ring, and so I stood up from my throne chair and went to see who is it. It was Tyler, standing with a letter.

"Your majesty! Here is a letter from King Tesonia."

My eyes lit up at the mention of Andrew.
I took the letter and dismissed him.

I settled back in my throne chair and hastily unsealed the letter.

"Dear Mahir,

Hope you find this letter at the best of your health. It has been months since we last saw each other and I am aware the months hasn't been easy on you. Marco has started blabbering, and he will be very talkative as I can assume.

I heard what happened after your wedding and first hand, I wanted to come there and strangle you to death. But I was aware there is a backstory. When I heard about you refusing to announce a wedding date with that scum of a woman, I knew what went wrong.