28. Dying to be in your arms.

KING MAHIR

"Darius you sure you can come!?", I asked him again.
He nodded, "Yes my king, I told Elena some silly story about me wanting to find out some information and all."

"Okay then...we shall leave.", I nodded towards father and we left on our horses.

Father knows about me being god father of Darius and Alexis, and so he questioned me as soon as he saw Darius. When I told him he's Elena guard, father smirked at me already knowing what I am upto.

*

"Rosa is she back!?", I asked hopefully but her worried and saddened expression gave away the answer.

God knows what is she upto...well, I think I know  what it is.

I should have known that when I married her, that she is not a woman who when refused of something she wants to know, would nod slowly and sit back, with a 'king doesn't love me'. She is the 'fuck off king! I will find it myself!' type.

I sighed, "Okay Tyler feed the horses. We shall leave for the forests as soon as we are prepared."

Both men left, and I decided to relax a little in the suite above.

"Ah..my king! Queen stopped everyone from going to the first floor."

Despite the tensed situation, I chuckled, "Rosa... Queen's words were, 'allow no one prohibited to enter the first floor'. I am the only one in this world not prohibited to go there."

She nodded and stepped back. The fort was definitely the result of my wild imagination and hard work and it was beautiful to see the result before you.

I sighed as I got in the verandahs of the first floor, that were meant to be our throne pedastal. Our throne chair was already there.

This place had a touch of her.
A little bit but it did.

When I went in our suite, I saw her gown kept on one of the chairs. It must be the one she was wearing before changing for the last time.

Her bangles were scattered on the bed. While the study table had all her writing stuff. Let's say she's a messy one. I have not lived with her, but I have seen enough to know this. I went to the vanity and picked up her gown, that was surprisingly still smelling of fresh lilies.

I settled on the chair and held that sky blue coloured long dress in my hands. A trail of silver beads was running across it down to the length of the gown. I can't imagine how beautiful she must have looked in this.
I brought it close to my face and sniffed her essence from it. If anyone would see me right now, they'll think I am not sane. But can I really help it? I have stayed away from the one I desire most, I love most. Longing more intense than I felt when I didn't see her.

Father once told me that we being blessed by the changing of our consciences, was the best thing that could happen to a couple. We were living away, but going through everything together. Her conscience has lived with me the best and the worst moments of my life. She has been my life partner since we didn't even know of each other's existence. Our memories though weren't sharp enough to remember our childhood. I was just four and she two. But I want to live every single shred of life with her.

I kissed the cloth, imagining the same sensation I would have felt if she was wearing it. My eyes fell on her accessories on the vanity when I saw a sealed scroll kept with her royal stamp.

I kept the dress aside, and picked up the scroll. When I turned it over, I saw her writing,
"For Mahir."

My heart started racing wildly. Traitor!