5. I am to safeguard you

◽❇❇❇❇◽

JONATHAN PRINCESS BELLA

"Anything you want to change Bella?", King..Uncle asked me munching on his food.
I finished the food in my mouth, "Uncle! I liked everything so far. Especially the garden! I loved it. I would inform you or Prince if something comes up."

He nodded and turned to Prince, "Mahir! I would appreciate if you take Bella to the kingdom's garden anytime."
"Of course Father!", He replied.

"By the way, your father quite clearly mentioned you'll like to be engaged in work as soon as you reach. Thus, I decided to hand over to you some portfolios, which you will deal with. If it's alright your would-be-husband.", He pointed to Prince.

I looked over Prince after making sure I have no blush on. Being wife of a husband, and being queen of a king isn't same here. No matter who the queen is. 'First wife' is considered the one who provides an heir to the kingdom. And I haven't been so sure I'll be both since the Prince mentioned his willingness to have multiple wives.
I was fine though.
It's not like we love each other. But being with him, I have realized he's quite a fine specimen of manliness.
I don't know my life will be loveless or not, it is sure to be quite interesting.

"Hmm if princess is fine with the load of portfolios, I am okay!", He shrugged.

"Okay then! Home affairs, Service management, Officers and Offices affairs is being handed to Princess Bella. Settle with them Bella till your wedding. Also we have so much to prepare for the wedding. And most importantly, I want you both to spend some time together and get to know each other."
I nodded discreetly flushed at the thought of spending time with the arrogant prick. Yet I admit I like it quite much.

"Hmm...In that case Father! I want your permission for something."

"Yes!?"

"I want to visit Kingdom Tesonia before our wedding. Would like to personally invite my friend and his wife. And if Princess accompanies me th....."
My eyes widened immediately.

King laughed, "Oh why not!! Why would I protest!? Extend my greetings to Andrew! And make sure Bella enjoys herself."

My eyes darted between the father and son duo planning the trip I had no idea about few seconds ago.

"Breakfast over!", King declared, "Now come to my office after an hour you both."

I turned to Prince, "What did you do?"

"I thought someone wanted to go out of country.", He cocked his eyebrow.

My mouth gaped open and close few times and I realized I have nothing to say.
He did this for me!?

He came round the table from across me and came just beside me.
Leaning forward, I saw him turn serious, "Princess! Just two days ago, we were oblivious to each other's existence. Everything's quite sudden but since I am to safeguard you. I take it upon myself to safeguard your wishes. Next week, we'll be travelling to Kingdom of Tesonia, and stay there for a week."

A smile unknowingly adorned my face. And at that time, it wasn't just me smiling. Something inside me too smiled.
He flashed his charming smile, and my felt my heart jump several beats.

"Now let me show you my father's castle, before we go to his office.", I smilingly stood up as he gave me his hand.
I was still smiling while he was showing me various portraits of his ancestors.

We were on the terrace and Prince pointed out to various castles, and gardens, common people habitation, and huge farmlands.
"Those are few mills we opened up to organise the sewing works, some older women do. It is of great demand here and many neighbouring kingdoms. I'll command them to sew a skirt for you.... You'll love the fabric!!"