33. Send me in the dungeon or tie me to your bed!

KING MAHIR

I held her tight to myself. She was the only ounce of sanity left in me, "How can they do this? My mother was taken away and then they took away you!"

She looked up from my embrace, "We can't blame them Mahir. Though they seem to regret their actions now, there was a time when they themselves were oblivious to the reality. They loved our mothers, Mahir."

"I can't believe there is someone on the face of this earth who is roaming freely living their life, after killing my mother twenty years ago!"

She looked in my eyes determined, "Now, they won't. It is not just your battle. My own mother sacrificed herself to cut this trap. Now when we are one, we will make sure justice is delivered to them."

"This is not small Bella. Now when I know this, I realize my life has much bigger problem than that Elena and her fatherless child.", I said exasperated, "And I am busy proving some worthless shit, instead of what really needs my strength. I don't know who hates us so much!"

I felt something shift and she suddenly sat up, "Mahir...father said that it was the night before our engagement was to be announced. And this Elena thing began just after our wedding. I feel like someone doesn't want me and you to stay together."

"Yeah...and that also means Elena is not the only one plotting. Or as Darius once deduced that may be Prince of Connor, Damien has something to do with it. Twenty years ago, even they were children."

She nodded, "I agree. Elena is just a bait."

There is something off about everything. I think I am misjudging someone.

Then I remembered one thing, "Bella have you properly checked this suite!?"

She looked at me skeptically, "Uhm...yeah...I have been living here."

"No!", I shook my head, "C'mon I have to show you something."

We got out of the bed, and I asked her to wait inside.

I have ordered that no one has to enter this suite, but the door always remains open because I know nobody would dare to.
Even though, I closed the doors today and asked the guards to make sure no one disturbs us.

I went inside to see Bella all puzzled.

I opened the door to our closet and I took her inside, "So Bella, this is something only I know about. A spell mother used in my quarters and my father's while we were still in our castles in Roshan. Like the treehouse you saw that day, it was a result of a spell, and so when this suite was prepared and our wedding was being arranged, I came here one night, and performed the same spell here."

Her eyes widened at that.

I took her hand in mine and opened the curtains to the bath chamber, "Come with me.."

Behind the bath chamber was a wall inscribed with Arabesque pattern, unlike all the other walls of the fort.

"Push this wall with all your strength.", I said.

"Huh!? Wall!? Mahir how will I push the wall..", She said making a face full of disbelief.

I chuckled, "Just try once."

She shook her head at me, and went forward to push the wall. Using both her hands, she applied a lot of strength, but I am sure that wasn't even needed.

And I am proven right, the moment the wall shifts a little and then eventually splits into two..

Her jaw drops at that, "Mahir! How!?"