25. You float my boat, your highness!

QUEEN ROSHAN BELLA

I woke up anxious and flabbergasted. Oh lord! What is wrong!?
I looked at the window and it was dawn. Getting down from the bed, I wore my robe and came out.

"Is king back?", I asked Tyler and he shook his head.
I sighed exasperated and went to the balcony.

It is not the first time I am waking up because I start feeling him. I don't know what he is doing with himself, but I have a feeling it is not good.

When I asked Father in law to question him, he simply said he's the king and he does what he does.

Waiting there for an hour, I finally spot Thunder, at the entrance of the castle. And then I finally saw him, walking slowly, while holding Thunder's leash.

When one sees it from here, it's like Thunder is walking slowly so his master can catch up with him, and the leash looked more like a support for him.

But as soon as a guard came by his side, he straightened himself, and talked whatever to him.

Something was wrong. Something was definitely wrong.

I went and stood outside his quarters and waited. Today he will have to answer me.
Meanwhile, I tried to make up different scenarios, but nothing really fell in place. He hasn't slept in the castle for days now! And one would wonder what he's really up to.

"Bella?"

I looked up as I saw him standing there, with a smile. He looked very confident though. I tried to feel him, but when I felt nothing I realized he isn't letting me feel anything. He's hiding.

"Good morning Dear king! If you don't mind, I need your time...", I was pissed but there were guards so I had to speak respectfully with him.

He furrowed his brow, ofcourse wondering how I approached to talk to him. In fact, in the last few days we barely had any conversation, except when necessary.

"Ofcourse! Please come!", He directed towards his quarters, and the guards opened the door. I went in and he followed.

It's been long since I entered here. But I can smell that familiar musky, breeze like smell, that can tell one the owner of this room.
I didn't look around but I could feel the changes. There were portraits near the bed. Huge portraits. Few had me too. Ha! Who am I kidding? Most portraits were mine.

I looked up and saw another wall, having the portrait from our crowning ceremony. What an irony!? Did anyone make the portrait while I was in tears and he was standing with Elena in his arms. That's the reality and not this.

My eyes then fell on a familiar vase, that had our name written. It was the same I requested him to buy for us, when we were in Tesonia. Our names were also written on it.

It was a mistake I came here!

I heard him clearing his throat and thus looked away from the walls to him.

"Is it something important?"

I nodded, "Yes! It is."

"Shall we sit for a while then?", He said directing towards the dining area.

I shook my head, "I don't want to stay here for long dear king. It may become suffocating.", I saw hurt flash in his eyes, "I just want to know that why right now, while I am standing just in front of you, I can't feel you?"

His eyes suddenly softened.
"Bella!", He sighed and came forward, "There's no point. We both are hurt and I don't want to you to feel my hurt."

I shook my head, "You're lying!", I accused, "You don't want me to be aware of whatever you're feeling because that will give me the clue of what you really do in the forests."