24. The God of War, loses, yet again.

QUEEN ROSHAN BELLA

"Rosa where did you find these!", I said pointing at the roses.
She smiled fondly, "Your highness! Your mother was very much fond of red roses being put on her hair. And when you were small, she always used to tug one in your hair. Today, when I saw you in the garden, I thought I would put few in your hair, and remember our dear former Queen."

Rosa started as my mother's maid and became her very good companion. When I was born, mother decided to make her my nanny because she was her most trusted, and since then I have loved Rosa like my second mother. I have always requested her to call me Bella, but she said she stands by her ideals. Whenever she tells me my mother's tales, I can't help but feel lucky to have her.

"Done!", She announced and I stood up to take a look at my hair.

I grinned, "It is so beautiful...thankyou Rosa!"

"My pleasure Your highness!"

Today, both the fathers have called king and me to have breakfast with them, as they have some important things to discuss.

I heard a knock on my door and Tyler came in, "My Queen, the king is here.."

I nodded, and came out after wearing my crown.
He was standing near the pond in the courtyard, throwing some food for the fishes as they gathered where he stood. He was smiling, while calling them with different names.

For once, I forgot he's the same who broke my heart. The same who belongs to someone else. And I wanted to capture this in my heart forever. Capture him in my heart. Forever.

He must have felt my presence for he looked up at me. And then smiling to himself, he got his hands cleaned before wiping them.

"Shall we?", I just nodded and he started leading the way towards the castle.

I could feel his glances now and then. And probably not able to maintain the silence, he spoke up, "You are looking beautiful!"

I gave him a brief glance to let him know that I heard but that was it. Days are passing. It's already been weeks since we married. And everyday I feel the burden of this grief increasing on me.

We got in the castle, where fathers lived and went straight to the dining room. Both of them were already seated, waiting for us.

We greeted them and took our respective places, him sitting across me.

"Is it something important father?", He asked.

His father nodded, "Let Duchess Elena come..."

"Why is she coming here?!", He said obviously taken aback that fathers would even consider this.

I decided to speak up, "This is a family gathering, dear king. And the closest to you, after your father is your wife. Why wouldn't she be invited?", Even I wasn't aware of this, but can I complain...

He looked down a little and then his eyes met mine, "What shall I do to convince you she is not my wife? And I am not planning her as one?"

"You have done all that convinced me, that she will be your wife!", I retorted and just then the guard announced her presence.

If before this I was stone cold, now I wanted to block all feelings coming from him, as he stared at me.

To top it all, she took a place beside him, greeting the king and his father. I clutched my gown as anger took over me. She disrespected my father by ignoring him completely. That's why they say, a dirt always remains a dirt, no wonder where you store it.