29. I'll be just your husband tonight.

KING MAHIR

Such a fucking wrong territory!! No matter how tempting it is.

"Bella...you can't bother me with your art of seduction. I have been there, and I know how to overcome this situation!", I snarled at her only for her to smile smugly.

Ugh!!

"My king!", She whispered in my ear making me shiver like a fucking fish out of water, "That was just a glimpse. If I give you a full fledged show of my art, you will drown."

I rolled my eyes, "So full of yourself! Now sit here and do whatever, I am going out for a while."
I said and pulled myself out of her hold trying to reach for the door.

"Oh no no no! My dear husband, you don't get to run from your wife's clutches.", She said with amusement laced in her tone. But hearing that from her, instead of reading it out of a letter had my insides jumping in glee. I took no time to turn and take a look at her.

She looked smug, smirking from all the devilish pleasure she was getting by making me horny for her. But the moment, she noticed my soft gaze, she realised what she just said.

Now I was the one smirking at her baffled expression. You can't really hide what's in your heart for long.

"I_I mean..!", I interrupted her, "I know what you mean dear wife! And I swear I will be the happiest if you hold me in your clutches as you say. The thing is our situation is very difficult. We have to think responsibly and not like people in love."

Her hold on my hand loosened a bit, but her resolve didn't, "Can we for once forget we are rulers and be like a pair in love!?"
Her misery was visible in her eyes. All the playfulness was gone. And I hated myself for that.

"Bella!", I closed the gap between us, and cupped her cheeks, "If I had things in my hands, I would have made love to you this very moment, at this very place, with whole world drowning in the aftermath of it. I crave for you right now, but as a queen you don't deserve the defamation that will come out of this whole ordeal over you!"

She jerked away my hands, "You making love to me would defame me!? How Mahir!?? As far as I know, I am the one you married with half of the world witnessing. I am the one who was promised you! Not she! Why the prospect of a third person has to affect our relationship? You say the child is not yours! I believe you but for once make me feel like a woman who you rightfully belong to!!"

"Bella..!"

"No Mahir! It is not just about you not giving me the status of the wife I deserve! You should have come to me on our wedding night, told me the whole massacre that that whore of a woman caused and we would have looked after it together! Like a husband and wife would. You just assumed that abandoning me will be the best option! Fine... whatever happened, I am ready to forget it. Now what!? Now when I am trying to find what you do to yourself, why I wake up anxious every night, why I can't sleep with that unsettling feeling inside, What is wrong with you? You straight away deny me the right to know so. Fine...I will adjust with that too. But let me take care of you! Look at yourself! It kills me to see your bloodshot and tired eyes. You don't have that vibrance around you. You are no man that used to come in my thoughts and dreams and tell me his pervert thoughts. You are no love of my childhood. You are not the man I realized I love on the day of our wedding. You. Are. Just. A. King!"

And with that she picked some books and scrolls and walked past me, out of the treehouse.

I sat there contemplating and running what all she said in my mind and heart. I was wrong. I am wrong. And I have no shame in admitting that. Now when I see it, I literally never made her feel like the wife she is. And all because of the king I became.