32. Your love was the only thread

KING MAHIR

"...no no Father! You can't side with her...", I scoffed.

"You acted like a jerk Mahir. She had to take things in her hands.", My father patted her back, "That's what a queen does."

She smiled wide, "But I still don't know anything Father... because I want him to know I trust him."

She said that and it only made me uneasy. What will be her reaction when she comes to know what I was about to do to prove myself innocent? Will she hate me after that? There was no other reason of hiding things from her other than that. I was scared of her reaction.

The two of them looked in a direction, and I found my father in law coming.

We stood up to greet him, and Bella went and hugged him tight. He kissed her forehead and examined her bandages wound, "Is it hurting Child?"

"Nothing I can't tolerate Father.", And then she pulled him towards the lunch table that was setup in the garden, "C'mon I am very hungry."

She settled across me between her father and mine. She has both of them wrapped around her fingers, while I am abandoned like a trash. And people call me King.

I greeted her father, and he merely nodded. He has not properly addressed me since the wedding. Ofcourse he was disappointed I hurt his daughter. But then he should understand my perspective.

I decided to put a little effort, "I hope you are doing well dear father!?"

He looked at me with a pointed look, "I will do well when I am assured my daughter is doing well, Mahir."

I nodded.
Bella sensed the tension, while my father had started eating like he had no care of this world.
In his words, "What you reap, you shall sow."
And according to him, when he was telling me to stay away from Elena I always defied him. No matter I am truthful or not, it will come back to me. Because knowingly or unknowingly, I was engaged to Bella way before.

And cherry on top was her wound. Her father was over edge since he came to know that the revolt led by Elena bitch is the cause his daughter is hurt.

"You should stop taking all on you Bella. You are a queen but you don't need to sacrifice everything. What if the hit did some permanent damage? What if you got hurt brutally?"

She sighed, "It didn't happen Father. See, I am alright."

"I am worried about you Bella!"

Before I could stop myself, I spoke up, "Don't worry father. I will take care of her."

"Oh C'mon Mahir! She is in your care but she is not safe. Can you secure her future? She says that child is not yours! And I will believe that if she does. But how will you save her from all the deeds of your past? Today it is that Duchess! Tomorrow someone else!? I am sure that Dutches was not the only woman you slept with!"

I clenched my fist in anger, but stayed quiet as he said that.

"Father! Don't say that...I am fine and happy."

"His concern is not wrong Bella. My son here, has no defence over him being a manwhore before you came. Wars were not the only thing he was known for."

Wow father wow! Way to help your son.

"Even I was with Damien!"

"You never crossed your limits Bella!", Her father justified, "And yeah that bastard is going to take two wives together this month. I don't know what has happened with this generation. You never listened to me when I told you to not give attention to him. He never listened to his father.", He pointed at me.