6. Wrapped around your fingers

"Damien,

I didn't really feel the need to spare you enough time, to write this letter. However, a little too humane part of me said to bid you goodbye. Once and all..
So as you must have already heard, I am getting married to extremely handsome, and charming Prince Roshan Mahir. And after seeing him, I think how unlucky I would have been if married to you.
He is way too better than you, so much that I fell in love with him at the very first sight.
So keep your sorry ass out of my life.

Soon to be Prince Roshan's wife,
Bella.
"

Ah! This is great!
I smiled triumphantly to myself. I am such a genius. I couldn't help but be a little gentle in the letter because that's how princess is.
I called Tyler and gave back the letter so they can be sent.
I felt very light because now there will be no lover I have to worry about.

Elena strolled in breaking my thoughts.
"Your majesty! The breakfast is ready."

I thought for a while then commanded, "Arrange it in my quarters and invite Princess there."
I saw how her eyes widened at the declaration. Because yes! No one goes in my quarters except my maids and servants. Especially woman, who don't have such special place.
But Princess does. Remembering the fact that she has been unknowingly clouding my head and dreams since I have become conscious, and now me liking every moments spent with her even if we do nothing but bicker.

All the maids left except my head maid, standing there with tears.
"Your Majesty! How can you do that?"
"I can do that the same way you jump on me, when I am with princess, with your self proclaimed rights on me El!", I got back to work immediately.
As much as I want to convince myself, my heart never approves of Elena.

Minutes later, I walked to my quarters.
Tyler walked to me hastily.
"What happened?"
"Your highness! King has sent this for you to read with Princess by your side."
I nodded and took the scroll from him.

Once in the quarters, I dismissed all the maids, much to the dismay of Elena and waited for Princess.
The guards soon announced her presence and she came in all her royal glory.
"Good morning Prince!", She smiled a huge smile.
"Good morning Princess. We are quite happy today! Are we!?", I pulled a chair for her and she settled down.
She looked at me briefly then said, "I wrote a letter to Damien."
She is telling me!?
"Ok?"
"And I am feeling quite good.", She said smiling.
"Why?!", I know the reason. Writing to Damien means reliving their 'love'.
I mentally scoffed.
"Now I can peacefully start my life here. Without any guilt, or burden in my heart.", My head snapped in her direction when I heard what she said.

She's happy!
To begin her life here!!

"You aren't sad for you have to live here?"
She looked at me, curling her lips, then leaned a bit towards me and whispered, "I'll tell you a secret."
I nodded eagerly, "What is it?"

"I am quite good with forgetting the past and moving to the present.", She smiled a little, "If Damien hears me now, he'll sure think of me as an oppurtunist. But more than a lover, I am a empress. I cannot keep on grieving on my broken heart, which to my wonder doesn't pain much."

I smiled keeping my hand on hers, which quickly grabbed her attention.
She glanced at our joined hands, and I leaned a bit and whispered, "May be it didn't break."
My nearness did bother her, for I didn't miss the little tint of crimson on her face.
I smirked triumphantly.
I like my effect on her.

She looked up composing herself, but failing badly, "I can't look beyond if I am still stuck with someone."

"So you want to look beyond?"

She sighed, "I want to be a loyal wife and queen. Not just by my body, but by my heart too."
It struck me hard, "Don't you expect the same loyalty from me?"
The loyalty by heart!