23. That hurts Bella!

KING ROSHAN MAHIR

I was in my quarters, when two familiar people entered, examining the place. They seemed to not notice me as I was standing on one corner of my room.
Tyler was also present...

"Why would king call us?"

"He calls us when he has something very significant to do..."

"You are right!", I startled both of them, and they turned and bowed before me.

My breakfast was served, and I was waiting for the two.
"C'mon let's have breakfast...come and sit here!", They both hesitated for a while but agreed nonetheless.

Darius and Alexis are twins. It so happened that once we were in a war with the neighbours, ofcourse Jonathans. And these two were only eighteen then. Immature. There father was a soldier in our army. In the battlefield, when he died protecting me, I was baffled. I went to him while he was taking his last breaths and he prayed to me to look after his children as they have no one.
After returning from the war, the first thing I did was going to them. The two were anticipating their father's arrival, but instead got an unfortunate news from me.

Their father was accused of marrying outside the clan. She was some Greek woman, and so after he returned to Roshan, they were exempted from the kingdom, and asked to live at the borders. My father allowed him to continue his service in the military but ofcourse discreetly. No wonder, no one knows about their existence.

When I saw how the two had no one to look after, I pledged to become their godfather. The two were adamant to work for me, so I assigned them as my secret servers, but it was very rare when I had some work for them. Because I never wanted to compromise with their protection.

Now both of them were twenty, but immensely beautiful. The Greek touch in their personalities gave them extraordinary beauties. And probably this is what will help me this time.

"Darius and Alexis! As you anticipated, I have a very important work for both of you...", I said and Darius nodded.

Alexis being the bubbly girl she is, "Finally! I thought you forgot about us!"

"I can never forget you two. It's just that you both are my 'precious assets', so I have to save you for the most important works."

She clapped her hand excited, "So tell us fast!"

I chuckled at her eagerness, while Darius being the more serious one, signalled her to talk with respect.

I looked at the back, "Tyler! Why are you standing there? Come I need you too in this..."

He came and stood at the end of the table.
"Sit Tyler!"

He hesitated.

"Tyler!", I assumed my authoritative voice and he immediately followed.

I asked them to begin the breakfast and they did.
"Darius and Alexis, did you hear what's happening in the kingdom?"

The two nodded in unison, and Darius spoke up, "Dear king! We did. Infact we were here at your wedding disguised as caterers."

My eyes widened, "You were!?"

"Yes! And the queen is sooooo beautiful!", Alexis chimed.

I smiled, "She is! But why didn't you come to meet me then?"

"You were never alone dear King, we couldn't do so. Even Tyler was busy. Alexis here wanted to see your wedding and threw a tantrum about it, so I had to follow."

"No problem! So now, since you both were here, you must be knowing what all happened?", The two turned serious at once. And I continued, "The child in Elena's womb is not mine...", I explained, "You both believe me? Don't you!"