31. I am your rebel.

As I walked through the hallway, I could feel fear radiating out of everyone. Good for them!

"Tyler! All of them are inside?", I asked.

"Yes my majesty! The woman are in one cell, and the men in other. Duchess Elena is in a separate cell."

I nodded and went in taking my sword with me. Let's do justice.

As soon as I entered the prison quarters, I could see all commotion silencing when they sensed my presence.

The three cells were adjacent to each other. And I could see all the bastards and bitches quivering in fear.

"Your highness!", A guard places a chair for me to sit. And dismissing him, I took a place on it.

If it has been a mere revolt, I would have not paid any heed. That's what I have been doing since these uprisings began. I was well aware of every opinion against me, as was informed by my spies.

Some of them think, I did injustice to Elena by not marrying her, but making her pregnant. Some of them doubt I will never marry her. Though they aren't wrong. Few have an opinion that because queen very demanding, she didn't want to share me with any other person. The queen is being selfish. Few speculate that after I will take Elena's child, I will abandon her for good. And that is why I should marry her before the child is born, so her future can be secured.

But do I really care!?

This particular movement was because it's almost more than a week and I was living with my queen, first taking care of her during her illness, and then because I just couldn't leave it. According to them, I have not done the same in case of Elena. And that is injustice.

"Let's do Justice today!", I announced smirking.

They flinched at the firmness of my voice, but they deserve it. I am not gentle with everyone out there. At the end of the day, I am a King!

"Now..as I ask questions from you, the one who's asked will come out of the cell, answer me truthfully, and go back. Anyone who lies, will be prosecuted without mercy...and I am not joking!"

The dread in their eyes was well evident, and that is what I wanted.

I am not against freedom of opinion or speech or expression, but I am definitely against those who defy me.

"You come out!", I pointed at a woman who looked like a forty year old.

She came out with hasty steps, and stood before me, "Your highness! I didn't do an...."

"Shut up!!!", I snarled at her, "Speak only when you are told to."

I turned to Tyler, "Tyler! Note her name and other details."

As he began his work, I turned to the woman, "So? Tell me who asked you to take part in this mob act?"

She started sobbing, "My majesty! Day before yesterday, some nobles came...they...p..."

"They what!?!?", I barked.

"They paid me join them. The procession was meant to be peaceful! We don..."

"Go back!", Shocked and scared, she scurried back to the cell.

"Your majesty...she sells pottery pieces..!", Tyler whispered in my ear.

I nodded and announced, "Her pottery shop is to be confiscated by the state!".

I hear her gasp and begging but completely ignore it.

I look over the men cell, and see one man standing at the corner, "You!! Come here!"

He was less pathetic as he wasn't crying, but I could clearly see he was scared.