27. Loving a person may not suffice.

KING MAHIR

"Son! This portfolio needs two executive officers. You need to appoint people."

I nodded, "Yeah! I have nominated few and tomorrow they will be sent to the capital where they will be officially appointed."

"Great! I shall go and pay a visit to Bella soon. It feels so lifeless here without her. Why don't you accompany me son!? The justice delivery day is already round the corner, and you will have to be there then."

I shook my head, "I won't go father. I have enough work here.."

"Mahir....try to understand son! Think about your wedding!!"

"Why should I think when she didn't!? Am I the only one responsible for the wedding?", I questioned and got back to work.

He sighed, "With this attitude, you are destroying it more. One of you has to take a step forward. And it will be better if it is you. You can't expect her to stay, when you are being so aloof and centric. Whatever fight is there, you both have to consider your feelings. Yours is not an ordinary connection."

"No Father! All I will ever do is prove that the child is not mine. Once I do that, things will continue as this. I don't want anything else."

"Think of how silly you are being Mahir! Think properly. Go to you mother if it helps.", He said and left the office.

I called in the guards, "Did we receive any new documents from the capital today!?"

It's been three days since she left. And all the trace I have of her is the documents she sends for my approval. Nothing else. Well, what do I really expect!?

"No your majesty! No messenger came today..."

That's strange.

"Okay! I will be in my quarters. Inform me when anyone comes.."

With that I left the office chamber and went to my bedroom. I didn't lie down because my body was so tired, it would sleep the first instance it gets the bed.

Atleast those documents indicate that she is fine and doing her work. And today, I don't know why but my instincts weren't stable. I was anxious everytime.

Should I break the wall and feel her!? But who am I kidding? She will have closed herself to give me no access.

But what is wrong in trying once. Yeah.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I eased myself and the very next moment, the tiredness which was my own, came crashing down upon me. God! This is so painful. I cracked my fingers, to put them to ease.

But my actions halted the very second I felt breathlessness. It wasn't mine.
She has not closed up!?!?

But why is she breathless!? I could feel gush of excitement in me. As if I have achieved something, and then a wave of cold air hits me. What the hell!?

I am in my quarters, all windows closed.

I feel fresh suddenly. Good actually. She must be doing something to her liking. I smiled at the thought. Most probably, sword art. As that is what she loves thoroughly.
I heard a knock on my door, and asked the person to come in.

I was actually shocked to see Darius and Alexis there.

"What happened!? Everything alright?", I asked.
It's rather strange. Elena may become suspicious.

"Yes your majesty! It's just we needed to talk about something important."

I signalled them to get seated, and then Darius pulled out few scrolls.
"My majesty! We both were very intrigued about the letters we mentioned in our past letters to you. Someone who sends Elena some stuff, and she burns it after reading. Somehow we managed to distract her twice before she burns them, and thus this!", he forwarded the scrolls to me.