4. Regret being this beautiful

◽❇❇❇❇◽

PRINCESS JONATHAN BELLA

I flinch as light disrupts my sleep. Snuggling more in the warmth of my bed, I try to hide my face a little.
My bed hold me back tightly on my waist as I feel a chuckle vibrate through it's body.

Something flicks in my mind, and I snap open my eyes. The grassy ground was walking behind me on its own.

"Good morning Princess!", I look up immediately to find myself awfully close to the Prince. My head resting below his chin, and his hand around my body holding me in place.
I immediately move away, causing the horse to shake.
"Easy Princess!"

"Uh how long did I sleep?"
"Not much! Just six hours..!",he said cockily.
I looked around us, and there were no other horses.
"Since someone was sleeping, I lowered my speed. And they also have to reach before us to prepare your welcome."

I pushed back my hair, "I didn't realize how I slept so long."
"That's pretty fine Princess. Especially when I got to hold you so tight.", I rolled my eyes at his comment.
He cornered the horse at the side, "We should stop for a little. I see a lake there."

He got down and so did I.
"I'll go wash my face!", And then I walked to the freshwater lake.
Washing my face and wetting my hair a little, I tried to spot some fruits, because I was quite hungry.
I can survive, it's just I need energy to tolerate that snob of a Prince.
I spotted a apple tree that luckily had one apple. Walking to it, I threw my dagger, Fire, in the direction of the apple and it came down with the apple.

When I walked back to the horse, I saw the Prince leaned on a tree, with his eyes closed. I would have eaten the apple on my own, but kindness is one of my lessons.
"PRINCE! You want some apple?", I asked.

He opened his eyes and looked at me, "You sure that's not poisonous?"
"My dagger would have indicated if it was."
He nodded and patted a place beside him to sit.
And God forbid, if I sit on a place he suggested, I'll be practically sitting on his lap.

And so, I went and sat on the opposite direction, facing away from him.
He laughed in response, and I took a bite of the apple.
That was quite sweet seeing that it was a jungle fruit. I passed it on to him, and moments later it came back.
I scoffed seeing, he bit in the same place I did.

I took a bite from another side, and passed on.
It returned but again bitten from the other place I chose.
"Dear Prince, you aren't going to get a taste of my lips doing these tactics."
"Pretty Princess these tactics may fail, but I won't. I'll soon know how you taste."
The nerve of this man!
I stood up offended, "Respect me Prince. I am not one of the women, who roam around you to get tasted. You must be having a Harem for that. Or of course your Lover!"
He chuckled, "Are we being jealous Princess!"
"No! We are being snobbish!", And then I ate the apple alone.

The journey then took two hours more and we reached the outskirts of Roshan empire.
I was taken to a camp, where I was allowed to rest, and then they got me ready in the royal attire of the Princess, with my crown on head.

When I came out of the camp, it was already night.
I spotted Prince who was waiting for me and as soon as he saw me, his eyes travelled up and down in appreciation.
We walked together to a carriage and it took off.

Whole kingdom was decorated with candles. And people were throwing rose petals on us. Of all the welcomes I expected, this was quite overwhelming. Roshans definitely know how to celebrate.

I saw him waving to his people smilingly. And anywhere he looked, people jumped in joy.
"They love you alot!", I remarked.
"They do. But tonight is for you...", He held my waist, as if presenting me as his Fiance, and the roars went louder.
"My kingdom approves you Princess!",And for the first time I smiled at something he said.
I am glad the kingdom approves of me, because this place will now be my home. And I'll be quite fortunate of they accept me with open arms.