14. Bella! I've come!

JONATHAN PRINCESS BELLA

"My princess,

Hope you're doing well. I have this feeling in my heart, that I am being missed terribly. And let me tell you, the same is here for you.
I have assumed the portfolio of justice, but it feels empty without you beside me. Lets marry as soon as possible, and then we rule as king and queen.
I hope my love bite is still there...And if it's not I can come there and give you one. However, I am sure all men would have backed off already.

There was one day, I went in a ball organised by a noble of our kingdom. A small boy of a broke family came to me with a picture of you and me. The day we first entered the kingdom. And to my extreme amazement, the picture was really good.
I thought what you would have done there, and so I gave him a reward. Not gold coins, but a chance to be taught art by the royal teachers. He was quite happy.

I will put that picture in our bedroom after you approve. But for that you'll have to come back. Nonetheless, your wedding dress is with the letter and when I see you next time, I want you dressed in it.

Take care!

Your jerk prince/admirer/future husband,
Mahir."

My heart swelled with joy as my eyes moved from the letter to the dress hanging before me.

It was a gown with a white base flowing endlessly. But over it was a baby pink, sea green, and ocean blue see- through clothes. The off shoulders was bordered with small knots of those very clothes, and then adorned with white little pearls. There was a veil that had the pearls attached with it. The layers of the see through clothes were bordered with thin gold embroidery, with pearls hanging out.
This dress was exquisite and expensive. I swear it would have cost a fortune to him. But who can say anything, I was going to be his queen.

Everyone around me were standing with their mouths hanging down.
"The dress looks untouchable!", Rosa exclaimed.
"Your Highness will look like an angel straight from heaven!", Another teen girl exclaimed.

Just then, Father entered and took a look at the dress.
"I see that boy has a good taste!"

I smiled fondly, "Yes he does...!"

Father stayed silent and then came to me and hugged me, "I just now realized my daughter is going to get married in a week!"

My heart filled with grief at the heaviness of his voice, "I will be just few hours away father. King Jonathan gifted us a castle at the borders."

"Still Bella, priorities change. I won't have a bundle of softness with me, who I hug whenever I miss her mother."

The mention of mother stabbed my heart.
"Father she must have been very happy after I decided to marry Prince Mahir!?"

He chuckled, "Your mother was the happiest when you were engaged to Mahir at the age of two. He was small, but very protective about you. He wouldn't let anyone near you except your mother, only because she used to feed you and you stopped crying."

"He is a very jealous man!"

He shook his head, "That's called protectiveness. But only men understand that."

Men! He says so because he too was same with mother.

"Father he made a blood promise with me. That's pretty big. But I am still scared."

He smiled, "Those are called wedding jitters child. Mahir is made for you, and you are made for him. There's nothing to be scared."

I nodded, "I am rather excited to begin my life with him."
"You should be child! You should be."