8. Love me now!

"Your highness! The king is here!", Tyler's voice made me turn to the direction from where king was coming.
"Ah! Bela...Good Morning child! You came here earlier!?"
"Yes Uncle! I wanted to take a walk by the time the horses are prepared."
"Where's Mahir!?", He asked Tyler.

He bowed then answered, "Your majesty! The Prince was still asleep when we came here. They said he returned to his quarter around dawn break.", he whispered the last part as if only wanting the king to hear it.
I felt King's eyes linger on me, and then he turned to Tyler, "I am going to take Bela for a walk. Tell us when the preparation are done."

We walked towards the entry to King's garden, that to my wonder was huge, and bigger than Prince's. However, the flowers looked similar.
"Mahir makes sure his favourite flowers are all over the kingdom. The garden is in my name, but Mahir is the real owner."

I smiled briefly, "I loved it Uncle. These gardens are probably the best thing here in Roshan."

"Bella! As your father in law, I would like to share somethings about Mahir. I am sure if your mother in law was here, you would have already been aware of this. But I will play her part.", We sat on the bench across each other.

"What it is Uncle?"
"Mahir has a soft corner for tears. And that's his biggest weakness.", I chuckled sarcastically.
"And Uncle, I don't cry. That means he'll never be weak because of me."
He smiled a smile, that resembled so much to Prince's. Of course Prince got a part of his beauty from his father, because his mother too was exceptionally beautiful.
I have seen her portrait in King's castle. And they say they'll create mine also the day of our wedding.

"I want to say Bella, that he's easily swept by tears...And so Elena...", I got where this was going.
"Uncle I know everything about Elena...And I realize she's not as innocent as she seems. Tyler told me that she demanded the title of King's first wife for she can't get now, the title of his queen."

King visibly gasped, and then a scowl formed on his face, "How the hell! She even got the guts!"

"We can't blame her Uncle. She is Prince's love. She must have been promised the position of queen."

He shook his head violently, "No! Mahir can never promise her that. She's not eligible for a queen. And he knows that better than us."

A memory from last night reclouded my mind, when Prince literally showed that Elena can't be queen because she is much more than that.

"Uncle it doesn't matter. She won't be the queen now. It's no threat to the kingdom."

He glanced at me with a examining look, "What about you? Don't you think it's a disrespect to you that your child won't be the next emperor?"

"It is Uncle. It is. But we are not in love. I can't force Prince."

He sighed, "It's been just one week since you both know each other. How do you expect for love to arise? But don't you think you should give a chance?"

"How Uncle!? Is there a certain way that Prince will realise what Elena is actually trying to do?"

"There is.", He looked up, "Instead it's already accomplished. The bill you made and I approved has become an order. King's order. And Elena will have to marry the noble. Unless you approach me to make any amendment in your bill. Mahir will come to you, and ask you to take back the order as Elena would have shed tears before him. But you don't have to leave your grounds. Be a queen this time, and not a wife. You will not fulfill your future husband's wish because you have a bigger responsibility on your head. The interest of the Kingdom."

I nodded. I understood his perspective and he was absolutely right.
But there was one problem.
"But Uncle don't you think Prince will hate me for denying him."