40. His war is mine now.

The vigour filled air of the cantonment turned into a sorrow land. The ones preparing for celebration had suddenly abandoned everything. They stood in circle around the camp of the king, hoping anytime he would come out and bark orders at them. But as they saw King Andrew, the ally, standing outside with his head bent, staring at the ground their hopes shattered.

The distant sound of galloping horses came nearer and nearer. They were waiting for the queen to show up.

Moments later, their wait had come to an end.

But what do you expect from a woman, whose husband is in half dead condition? Probably in tears, weak, dilapidated condition, and begging for death for her own self.

Well, here was no ordinary queen. Before the crowd of hundreds, and the king of their ally kingdom, she stood straight and firm, without an ounce of disturbance on her face. In her tight military dress, adorned, not in jewelleries but in daggers and sword, except that little ring on her ring finger, she looked like the almighty queen. For now, she held not only her powers, but also the might of her king, who laid unconscious.

"Your highness!", The whole military bowed in respect.

She nodded at them and then headed to Andrew, "My regards King Andrew."

King Andrew summoned her in the camp where unconscious Roshan was made to rest.

Andrew expected her to break down now. But she didn't. She didn't as she raked her eyes on the still figure of her husband, pretending to sleep.
His shoulder was wrapped in bandages.

She felt a severe pang of hurt in her body, but she knew she doesn't have to break. She is the queen after all.

Right now, at this moment, her concern was only one.

"Who did this?"

Andrew nodded and escorted her out. He ordered the soldiers to present the culprit to him.

And soon after a beaten and bruised man, chained in shackles was presented before her.

The man, knowing the stories of queen's merciful attitude bent down before her, fell on his knees and joined his hands.

The story of how she reversed the king's judgement when her own people waged a rebellion, was a well told story now.

"Have mercy your hig...", Before he could complete the queen's words slashed the air.

"Hang him dead! And make sure everyone looks at his dying eyes to know what punishment treachery brings!"

Everyone was shocked and the man cried for his impending end. But the queen had no mercy. She looked on, planning her next moves.

*

"Bella! I think Roshan and Jonathan's must withdraw from the war, and Mahir must be taken back to the civilisation where better healers will be able to treat him."

She looked at Andrew, "I apologise king Andrew, but Jonathan's never withdraw. And what I have seen of Roshan's, they'd rather be half dead than withdrawing from the war.", She looked at her husband, who was a living example of that.

"What I feel is, the healers from all over the world can come here. Right now, we must finish the war first."

He sighed, "Bella...look...I know you are pregnant and I know this is taking a toll on you. And Roshan would never allow you here."

"He is unconscious King Andrew. I believe that all he can do lie there quietly and hold onto his life. His war is mine now."

"But.."