2. Next time we won't just meet

We reached the border area camps in a day.
I got down my horse, and walked towards father', who was talking to a Roshan's messenger.

"Daughter! They arrived an hour ago. We'll meet them in the evening. Take rest and then get out of your warrior clothes.", He joked at the end.
I narrowed my eyes at him, "You can't deny father, that I look fierce in them."
"I am not denying. But we are going for peace making. You looking fierce won't help. Let the gentle side of my princess surface above!", I chuckled bidding him a bye.

We were at the border, and I could clearly see their camps on the other side of the fences.
I don't know why but I couldn't pull my eyes away from those camps, as if something was holding me there.

I looked away and got in my camp, preparing myself for the day ahead.
I was the only female here, and I don't accept male help unless quite needed. Thus, I had to get ready on my own.

Once we had our afternoon meal, I was summoned by dad to his camp.

When I went in, father spoke up, "Bella, King Roshan wants to first meet me privately and then with our heirs."

"You sure it's safe father!?"

"Our military advisors will accompany me.", I nodded satisfied.

I was about to leave, but then turned back, "Father, till then can I go and explore the place."

He shook his head at me, "I knew that was coming the moment I saw the grasses all around. Go ahead. But take your sword with you."

I nodded and came out of his camp excitedly.

I always had small knives hidden in various parts of my attire.
Two at the waistband.
One attached with my necklace, and another attached securely with my anklet.

The sword would be displayed explicitly so no one dares to come near me.

I started walking into the beautiful woods, that took my breath away since the time I laid my eyes on it.

The boundary fences were well visible. There was a lake running across the boundary and the soil there smelled heavenly.

I saw some deers drinking water from the lake, and some rabbits hiding behind the tree. This place looked like heaven.
I went in more leaving bangles on my way, so I could relocate my way back to the camps.

I walked for long unless I reached a well.
Keeping my hand on the brick wall, I took deep breathes to catch my breath from all the walking.
While I was looking around, my eyes fell on the stone that had engravings on it.

I bent down to look at it carefully.
"THE ETERNITY WELL"
Was what it read.

Excited I looked at the inscriptions below the name of the well.
"The well tied..."
And then followed the names of several royal couples. Some were my ancestors, while some were Roshan's ancestors.
Reading the long list, I finally arrived the few last names.
And there was my father's and mother's name.
That was the last royal wedding twenty five years ago.
But what grasped my attention was a name
"ROSHAN PRINCE MAHIR tied wit.......", And then the stone was weathered.
The name of the bride probably was scraped away because the date was twenty years ago.

I was lost in my research, when I got startled by a voice,
"What a lady like you is doing in the middle of the woods?"
Slowly and attentively, I pulled the knife in my anklet out.

I covered my face with my scarf and turned, pointing my knife at him, "Who are you?"

My eyes fell on the warrior before me, in Roshan military dress. Face covered with a black cloth, only except his eyes.
His physique was strong, wide and muscular. His eyes were dark brown with a glint of playfulness in them. However, he was weaponless.