16. I love you

ROSHAN BELLA

I was taken aback even when I should not.
But I felt so lively at the touch of his lips, it was like I have been craving for it since eternity.

He held my hands and rounded them around his neck. And then held my waist bringing me nearer if only that was possible.
My heart sped up like never before, and brain went in alert mode.

I wanted to stand here, in his arms, and keep on kissing him, while he kisses the life out of me, for eternity. At that moment, I realized that this is what makes me complete.
The last shreds of emptiness in me vanished in thin air.

My husband, is kissing me like I am the last woman on earth. But more than that, was the love that was raining on me. I would never let it go.

I would love him so damn much, that he will never be able to look beyond me. I will love him to such an extent that he wouldn't need anything else in his life....
...wait what!?

Did I just....!?

He pulled back, "I don't want to make you breathless, My wife!"

I looked at him bewildered. Not because he withdrew from the kiss, but because my heart and brain established a harmony over what they want. And summoned me the realisation that- I love him.

"But I will take your breath away...", I whispered and amazed him when I initiated the kiss with him.

He chuckled against my lips but got engaged nonetheless.

But this time a third thing separated us, the first ray of the sun on us.
How his dark brown hair locks turned into golden brown, and how he was intently looking at me made me go weak on my knees.

"You always take my breath away...today you just made it a little drastic."
I leaned in and rested my head on his heart, "We are married now."

"Yeah...but partially."

And that's when I remembered we have to do the second ceremony of marking each other.

I moved back a little, adjusting my veil, so I could properly see him.
"Let's do it then."

He nodded and then pulled out a dagger for both of us.

He then took hold of my hand and pulled me to the side of the temple that had a porch, from where the waterfall was visible.

He made me sit there. And then went back and came back with some turmeric based ointment that would heal the mark.

"Bella it will hurt."

"That's fine."

He came and sat just beside me.
He pushed back my hair revealing my partially off shoulders to himself.

"I will tear your gown.", He said and I nodded slightly.

He brought the dagger out of its holder, and held it firmly in his hands.
"Close your eyes.", I trusted him and so I did as he said.

And the next moment I heard a tearing sound.
My left sleeve was torn, and it fell off my shoulder, revealing all the skin beneath.
I was embarrassed, but I knew it's inevitable.

Half of my left breast was exposed to him. The marks should be made above our hearts.

I looked up at him, "I am ready."

But even seconds later, he didn't start.
"Are you scared to use the dagger Mahir!?", I chuckled.
He sighed, "I am scared to use it on you."

"Do it. I am not as delicate as I appear to be. They call me 'stone'."
He shook his head, "You must be a stone for the world. For me you're as soft as a cotton ball."